In case your web browser is continuously getting redirected to Ytmp3.cc, that means your computer has got adware programs installed. Ytmp3.cc is a kind of adware application that intends to harm your system.
What Actually ytmp3.cc Is?
Ytmp3.cc is basically a web site that is operated as a media converter. This can be referred to as adware software also. It basically allows users to convert youtube videos to audio-video or mp3-mp4 format. Users can even download your favorite content from youtube. This particular website uses a lot of different advertising networks. These suspicious networks display various unknown and unreliable ads that lead you to untrustworthy websites.
Having said that, it doesn’t really work as a malicious web site but downloading videos and audios from youtube are illegal and we recommend that you avoid using these kinds of websites.
How Does ytmp3.cc Work?
As mentioned earlier, it redirects you to some suspicious ads and that is harmful for your device. The ytmp3.cc may appear to your screen as pop up ads, push notifications or as some unwanted ads. It damages your computer by diminishing its performance. Not only this, but you may also face browser tracking, privacy issues, malware infections and a lot more.
When users try to convert the youtube videos and they paste the URL link into this particular website, it starts the video conversion process. It may ask you which file format you are looking to convert to. While the conversion process is running, it may often lead you to other suspicious websites that contain malicious stuff.
In case you don’t know, these websites are really dangerous as they are designed and created with the intention to trick people in downloading the potentially unwanted applications that are known as PUAs. For example, it may show you that your device has been affected by malicious software or attacked by viruses which are not true. They do it so that people get in their trap and they can get all your sensitive information. And use it against you.
If you open up such pages, these websites may even ask you for money to protect your device from malicious software. You should remember that, ytmp3.cc website may also show you some pages that demand you to allow push notifications. There are many users who don’t know much about it and allow these notifications.
How Did Adware Software Get Into Your Computer?
Adware software is unwanted and most of the users download it because they don’t know much about it. Possibilities are there that you may have clicked on some dubious or suspicious ads or web pages or websites. That has led you to this conclusion. These dubious ads were created by the developers of such suspicious websites in order to trick people.
This particular marketing method is called “bundling”. Rouge developers do not disclose any information regarding the inclusion of unwanted apps into setups. They trick users and hide this vital information under the “Customs” and “Advanced” section. You should understand that you come across such adware software as you skip installation steps in a hurry. As you don’t pay attention and don’t really read the details of the app that you are downloading, you end up getting adware software into your device.
How Can You Avoid Getting Adware Softwares in Your System?
As you have understood by now, the existence of adware software in your device is very harmful and it can get you in big trouble. You should be alert or extra careful so that you don’t face such problems in the future. It becomes very simple to protect your device from adware software if you follow the simple instructions mentioned below.
1: When you download a file or some other software, try to download them from reliable sources and not from any other untrustworthy websites.
2: If your web browser redirects you to some unwanted or dubious ads, do not tap on them.
3: Don’t be in a hurry while downloading something in your device. Make sure you read all the sections and understand all the terms and conditions of the application. Adware software has a habit of hiding its malicious side under the Customs and Advanced section. So make sure you cover all the sections and read them carefully.
4: Do not allow malicious plugins for push notifications. They are also the reason that you are facing troubles like this.
5: Use a powerful scanner in order to remove dangerous viruses from your system. And you need to do it on a regular basis. So that your computer can be safe and protected.
Note: There are quite a lot of well-known scanners available in the market. All you have to do is download, install and run them. Some of the best scanners are – SpyHunter, HitManPro, etc.
How to Remove the ytmp3.cc Virus from Your Computer?
To get the answer to the question of how to get rid of ytmp3.cc virus, you will have to perform some adware removal steps. These are mentioned below-
Step 1: Remove Adware Applications from Your PC Using Control Panel
For Windows 7 users-
- First, you will have to click on the Start button or the Windows logo. You can find this at the left corner of your keyboard and desktop. You will get to see a list of options now.
- Select the Control Panel option from the list and then select Programs. After that, choose the ‘Uninstall a program’ option.
For Windows XP users-
- At first, go to Start and then select the Settings option.
- After this, you will have to select the Control Panel option. Now all you have to do is look for the option ‘Add or Remove Programs’ and tap on it.
For Windows 8 and Windows 10 users-
- Windows 8 and Windows 10 users have to first right-click on the Windows icon at the lower left corner of the screen.
- When the Quick Options Menu will be visible to you, you have to choose Control Panel from that list.
- A new window will open up. Now select the Programs and Features option.
For Mac OSX users-
- In the opened screen, you need to tap on Finder and choose the option Applications.
- Now simply drag the applications (that you want to remove from your device ) from the application folder to Trash. After this, you will have to hit the Trash option and select the Empty Trash option.
When the Uninstall Programs Window will open up, locate the potentially unwanted applications in your computer and select those entries and tap on Uninstall or Remove option.
Note: After you are done uninstalling the applications from your device, you should run a system scan to check whether they have been removed correctly or not. You may use some malware scanner for your PC.
Step 2: Remove Adware applications or Malicious Plugins from Internet Explorer
- In order to remove malicious plugins from Internet Explorer, you will have to hit the Gear icon at the upper right corner of the Internet Explorer.
- You will get to see a list of options now. Just tap on Manage Add Ons and search for the suspicious add ons that you have recently installed. Select the entries and remove them one after another.
Optional Method ( For Windows XP users )
In case you are still having problems regarding the ytmp3.cc removal, you may have to reset the settings of Internet Explorer.
- Windows XP users will have to first hit the Windows logo and then select the Run button.
- A new window will open up. In the opened window, you will have to type inetcpl.cpl.
- Now click on the Advanced tab in the opened window and select the Reset option.
( For Windows 8 users )
- Firstly, open Internet Explorer, spot the Gear icon at the upper right corner of Internet Explorer and tap on it.
- You will be presented with a list of options. Here you need to choose Internet Options.
- When you will select the Internet Options, a new window will open up. Select the Advanced tab here.
- After this, locate the Reset button on your screen and tap on it. Internet Explorer may ask you whether you want to reset the settings to default. So confirm with tapping the Reset option.
Remove Malicious Add Ons from Google Chrome
- At first, you will have to hit the Chrome Menu icon. It looks like three vertical dots at the upper right corner of Google Chrome.
- After this, choose the More tools option and then Extensions. Here you will have to look for all the suspicious browser add ons that you have recently installed and remove them one after another.
In case you are still facing issues to remove ytmp3.cc, you may have to reset the settings of your Google Chrome to default.
- Again you will have to click the Google Chrome Menu option that looks like three vertical dots at the upper right corner of Google Chrome.
- Select the Settings option. Now come down scrolling through the screen and hit the Advanced link.
- Now select the Reset ( Restore settings to their original defaults ) option. It will open up a new window.
- In the opened window, you will have to confirm now that you really want to reset the Google Chrome settings to its default. Confirm by tapping the Reset button.
Remove Malicious Plugins from Mozilla Firefox
- The very first thing that you have to do is hit the Firefox menu. It looks like three horizontal lines parallel to each other. You can locate this at the upper right corner of the main window.
- Now choose the Add Ons option and then hit the Extensions option. A new window will open up now and you will be able to remove all the suspicious browser plugins that you may have recently installed.
The users who are still facing issues with the ytmp3.cc ads removal may have to reset Mozilla Firefox settings to its defaults.
- Open Mozilla Firefox first. For this simply locate the Firefox menu icon at the upper right corner of the Window.
- You will get to see a menu. Here in the menu, select the option Help.
- After this, select Troubleshooting Information. This will open up a new window.
- Here, click on the Refresh Firefox option. Confirm this by clicking the Refresh Firefox button. This will enable you to reset the Firefox settings to its default.
Remove Malicious Extensions from Safari
- Before performing the steps, make sure that your safari browser is active. Now hit the Safari Menu and then choose the option Preferences. This will open up a window.
- Click on Extensions and then look for the recently installed malicious extensions. Select them one after another and remove from your web browser.
- Hit the Safari Menu. You will get to see a drop-down menu, tap on it.
- You will get to see a list full of options. Here you need to choose the Clear History and Website Data option.
- When a new window will open up, hit the All History option and then select the Clear History button.
Remove Malicious Extensions from Microsoft Edge
- At first, you will have to hit the Edge Menu symbol. You can find this at the top right corner of Microsoft Edge. After this, hit the Extensions option.
- Here, you need to select all the malicious extensions that you have recently installed and select the Remove option below their names.
In case you are having issues with ytmp3.cc ads removal, you may have to reset the settings of Microsoft Edge to its default.
- Firstly, hit the Edge Menu symbol and choose the Settings option.
- The settings menu will open up now. Here you need to choose the Reset Settings options.
- After this, you need to choose Restore Settings to Their Default Values. Now you have to confirm in the opened window that you really want to reset the settings of Microsoft Edge to its default. To confirm, tap on Reset.
In the End
Mostly the adware and the other malicious software are the reason to harm the internet browser and they perform this task through free software downloads. You should never forget that the safest source for any software download or file is the websites that the developer of that particular app or file recommends.