We install antivirus on our computers to protect it from the online threats and from any unauthorized access. So, when we install the AVG antivirus on our computer, along with the software, we also have to install the extension ‘AVG Web TuneUp’ on the internet browsers on our computers. As a result of this, we generally receive a lot of notifications or pop-ups while we are running the AVG software to scan for the virus and malware on our computer. Sometimes, the pop-ups display the applications taking space in the article. Due to these pop-ups, we face problems in working online. Thus, it is very much important to disable pop-ups. But, there are some pop-ups which we cannot disable easily. Hence, in this article, we are going to discuss the possible ways to stop AVG popups.
Methods on “how to stop AVG popups?”
The methods which you should know in order to satisfy your query of “how to stop AVG popups?” on your computer are as follows:
- Using the AVG antivirus to disable the pop-ups.
- By deleting the popup folders.
- By disabling the popups with Command Prompt.
Hence, we are going to discuss steps so that you can resolve the issue easily on your computer.
Using the AVG antivirus to disable the pop-ups
To disable the AVG pop-ups using the antivirus follow the steps:
- At first, select the ‘AVG’ antivirus on your computer to open the ‘AV ‘ antivirus on your computer.
- Then in the antivirus page, from the top-right corner choose ‘Options’ and then select the option ‘Advanced Settings’.
- After that, from the left column choose the option ‘Appearance’.
- Finally, remove the tick mark from the option ‘Display system tray notifications’ and then select ‘OK’.
By deleting the popup folders
To delete the pop-ups folders follow the steps:
- At first, from the taskbar, right-click on the ‘AVG antivirus’ software to open it.
- Then, choose the option ‘Temporarily Disable AVG Protection and then confirm the default time.
- After that, open the File Explorer and then, go to the link ‘C;\Program Files.
- Next, delete the folders, ‘Banners, Awards and Tuneup’ and then, close the ‘file Explorer’.
- Then, right-click on ‘AVG’ and then enable the ‘AVG Protection’.
Thus, now the pop-ups are disabled on your computer.
By disabling the popups with Command Prompt
To disable the pop-ups using the Command Prompt follow the steps:
- Press the ‘Windows’ logo key and the letter ‘R’ together from the keyboard to open ‘
- Then, in the ‘Run’ box type ‘cmd.exe’ to open ‘Command Prompt’ and then press the ‘Enter’ key from the keyboard.
- After that, to disable the AVG pop-ups on your computer, type the following commands, ‘SC CONFIG “avgsvc” START=disabled’, ‘SC CONFIG “avgwd” START=disabled’,‘SC CONFIG “avgAMPS” START=disabled’ and ‘SC CONFIG “AVGIDSAgent” START=disabled’ and then press the ‘Enter’ key from the keyboard.
- Next, to stop the AVG services on your computer type the commands ‘SC STOP “avgsvc’, ‘SC STOP “avgwd”, ‘SC STOP “avgAMPS’, ‘SC STOP “AVGIDSAgent’ and then press the ‘Enter’ key from the keyboard.
- Finally, type the commands to stop the process related to ‘AVG’ ‘TASKKILL /F /IM avgemca.exe /T’, ‘TASKKILL /F /IM avgidsagent.exe /T’, ‘TASKKILL /F /IM avgnsa.exe /T’,’ ‘TASKKILL /F /IM avgrsa.exe /T’, ‘TASKKILL /F /IM avgcsrva.exe /T’, ‘TASKKILL /F /IM avgui.exe /T’, ‘TASKKILL /F /IM avgsvca.exe /T’, ‘TASKKILL /F /IM avguix.exe /T’,
‘TASKKILL /F /IM avgwdsvca.exe /T’ and then press the ‘Enter’ key from the keyboard to disable the AVG pop-ups on your computer and then, close the ‘Command Prompt’.
Also, you can follow these steps to stop the AVG popups on the computer:
- Select the ‘AVG’ antivirus on your computer to open it.
- After that, choose the option ‘Menu and then select ‘Settings’.
- Then, select the option ‘Silent Mode’ to activate it to disable the popups and then select ‘OK’.
- Now, check if the popups are disabled on your computer.
Thus, by following the steps as discussed above, you can get rid of the AVG antivirus pop-ups on your computer.
In case, you face any issue while disabling the pop-ups, then place your queries in the comment