McAfee is an antivirus software which provides Virus and malware protection, permanent deletion of data, multi-device solution and many others.
If you want to run McAfee antivirus on your system, then you can not run any other antivirus on your PC as both might conflict with each other.
McAfee real-time scanning keeps turning off is one of the most frustrating errors that numerous windows users are encountering. The problem is triggered due to malware attacks.
How to Fix Mcafee Real-Time Scanning Keeps Turning Off Windows 10 Issue?
Below discussed are some of the effective solutions that you can implement on your own to fix the McAfee keeps turning off issue.
Solution 1: Enable Real-Time Scanning from the Security Center
At first, go to the Security Center to enable Real-Time Scanning. Now, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the McAfee window to open the Verizon Internet Security.
- Select the Navigation option.
- Head over to the list of the menus and select the Real-Time Scanning option.
- Thereafter, select the Turn On option.
- Next, go back to the main security Center page.
- Then, check whether the Real-Time Scanning remains on or not.
- In the end, shut down the Security Center.
Then, reboot your device and check whether this issue still persists or not.
Solution 2: Run the McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT)
McAfee Virtual Technician is an automated tool and it helps to fix software related issues automatically. Hence, you can easily download this software and after that just run it on your device to solve this problem.
Solution 3: Download and Run the OAS-Disabled-Fix.Cmd Utility
To fix McAfee keeps turning off problem, download OAS-disabled-fix.cmd utility and then run it on your device. Here are the steps to run this.
- At first, visit the official site of McAfee and then download the utility.
- After that, click on the OAS-disabled-fix.cmd option and then run it on your device.
Solution 4: Check for Other Anti-Virus Software
Make sure that another antivirus is not running on your system. Because of some other anti-virus software might interfere with your McAfee’s functionality. So, remove those software programs.
For that, select the program that you want to delete and then click on the Uninstall option. After finishing these steps, delete and reinstall the McAfee software. In case you want to see the new changes, reboot your PC.
Additional Steps to Fix the McAfee Real-Time Scanning Keeps Turning Off Windows 10:
Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Look for the Control Panel option and then click on the “Programs and Features” option.
- After that, run the MCPR Cleanup tool successfully.
- Now, restart your PC and then the software needs to be reinstalled.
Sometimes, you might find that Real-time scanning McAfee unable to stay on in Windows 10. Then, go through the below-mentioned steps.
- At first, check whether the system clock is accurate or not. If you find that your system’s clock is not accurate then, restart your device.
- There is another way to fix this. Before doing the above steps, visit your McAfee’s online account page. Then, download the installer on your device.
Hopefully, applying the above solutions appropriately might help you to resolve the McAfee Real-time scanning keeps turning off 10 issues without any hassle.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can you stop McAfee Real-Time scanning?
Ans: If you want to disable McAfee Real-Time scanning, then perform the following accordingly.
- Head over to the bottom right corner of your Windows Desktop and then, select the Mcafee icon.
- After that, go to the Change Settings option and click on the Real-time scanning option.
- Next, locate the Real-time Scanning status window and then select the Turn off option.
- Now, you will be able to specify when you want Real-Time Scanning to resume.
- How can you say if McAfee is working?
Ans. To check McAfee is working properly or not, follow the steps which are mentioned below.
- At first, select the M-shield option which you find next to the clock.
- Sometimes, you might be unable to see the McAfee icon then, select the Show More icons option.
- Now, click on the Check for Updates option.
- Next, wait until the update process to finish successfully. When you successfully complete the update procedure, then a message will pop up on the screen that will let you know.