Kaspersky won’t update if the date and time are not corrected in your Windows device. Further, if any other third-party antivirus is running in the system along with Kaspersky then this issue might arise.
If there are conflicts between the OS and Kaspersky, then the real-time error can occur. Sometimes, a proxy server can also lead to this issue. But, the most important aspect is that whatever be the reason you need to fix it immediately.
Here, we have discussed the effective hacks that can help to eradicate this problem from the roots.
Effective Ways to Fix if Kaspersky Internet Security Won’t Update
Below discussed are the effective solutions that you need to implement to fix the Kaspersky won’t update issue.
Solution 1: Check the Software’s Update Settings
If Kaspersky internet security won’t update, you need to check the Software’s Update Settings. To do that, follow the below-mentioned steps properly.
- At first, go to the Kaspersky Anti-Virus window and then, click on the gear option on the KAV window.
- After that, go to the Additional option and click on the Update option to open the Update settings.
- Now, you need to click on the “Download and Install New Versions Automatically” option.
- Thereafter, go to the ‘Update Settings’ option and then click on the ‘Configure User Account Settings’ option.
- In the end, if you are done with the configuration of the Kaspersky, select the Current User option. After that, click on the Save option.
Solution 2: Adjust Date and Time Settings in Windows
To fix this issue, you need to adjust the date and time settings in the Windows device.
- At first, go to the Taskbar and then, click on the Cortana option to open its Search bar.
- After that, type “Date and Time” and then, choose the “Date and Time” option.
- If you want to adjust the Date and Time, then click on the ‘Set the Time Automatically option off’.
- Now, click on the Change option.
- Then, check a totally reliable clock for the time and adjust the date and time settings. After that, select the Change option.
If there is a faulty CMOS battery, then sync the system’s time with the Microsoft server to get an accurate time.
Solution 3: Enable Update Task
Here are the steps that you need to follow to enable the Update task.
- At first, go to the Kaspersky window and then, click on the Settings option to open the settings.
- After that, go to the left pane and click on the Performance option to see settings related to Kaspersky’s performance.
- Thereafter, go to the right side and uncheck the option.
Solution 4: Select the Do not Use Proxy Server Option
To fix this issue, you need to select the “Do not use the proxy server” option.
- At first, open the Settings. For that, go to the bottom left of the software window and select the gear option.
- After that, go to the Settings window and select the Additional option.
- Then, open the Networking option and click on the Network option.
- Now, go to the Proxy Server Settings option and click on the “Do Not Use Proxy Server” option.
- If you use Proxy Connection, then select the Proxy Server Settings option.
Hopefully, with the help of the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to fix the Kaspersky won’t update error without any hassle.