Generally, antivirus is used to protect our computers from all kinds of threats both offline and online, such as malware, spyware, virus, and hackers. But sometimes, due to antiviruses, we cannot perform some specific activities on our computers. Thus, to resolve this issue with our computer we need to uninstall the persisting software on the computer. Therefore, here we are going to discuss “how to uninstall Avast?” on your computer.
Need To Uninstall Avast
Due to antivirus, you might face a problem or two in running some programs on the computer.
Such as, the computer might lag on numerous occasions or it might even slow down frequently. We face some issues while running some programs in it. It might not scan all the viruses on your computer. Maybe the antivirus you are using on our computer is not as strong as any other alternative that you have already looked up. Furthermore, we need to uninstall the software to run some other programs on the computer which might be blocked otherwise.
Methods: How To Uninstall Avast Windows 10?
The methods to uninstall Avast Windows 10 are as follows:
- Uninstalling The Avast Antivirus Manually.
- Using the Avast uninstall utility.
- Using the Taskbar.
Thus, we are going to discuss all the methods.
Uninstalling Avast Antivirus Manually
Follow the steps to uninstall the Avast Antivirus manually:
- At first, press the ‘Ctrl’, ‘Shift’ and ‘Esc’ together from the keyboard to open the ‘Task Manager’.
- After that, select and open the tab ‘Process’ and then, find the ‘Avast Process’.
- Then, select ‘End Task’ or ‘end Process’ according to the version of Windows you are using on your computer.
- Next, press the ‘windows’ key and the letter ‘I’ together from the keyboard and then select ‘Apps’.
- Now, in the ‘Apps’ window select ‘Apps & Features’.
- Then, locate the ‘Avast Free Antivirus’ and then select ‘Uninstall’.
- Now, open the ‘File Explorer’ and select the tab ‘View’.
- After that click ‘Options’ and then open the tab ‘View’ and put a tick mark on ‘Show hidden files, folders and drives’.
- Then, open the ‘Run’ Box on your computer and type ‘regedit’ and press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Next, open ‘Edit’ and choose ‘Find Next’ and then delete the ‘Avast’ files if any, and then, restart your computer.
Using The Avast Uninstall Utility
To uninstall the Avast Uninstall Utility go through the steps:
- At first, download the uninstall utility and install it.
- Then, you will get the extension ‘avastclear.exe’ on the screen.
- Now, run the Windows in ‘Safe Mode’.
- After that click twice on the file ‘avast.exe’.
- Next, locate and select the ‘Avast folder’ and delete it from your computer.
- Finally, reboot your computer.
Using The Taskbar
To uninstall the Avast antivirus from the computer go through the steps:
- At first, ‘Save all your information and then close the application which is running on your computer’.
- Then, locate the ‘Avast Icon in the ‘Taskbar’ and then select ‘Avast Shields Control’ and select ‘Yes’ when prompted.
- Now, the computer will turn ‘Gray’ for some time.
- Then open the ‘Control Panel’ and select the ‘Avast Free Antivirus’ from the list.
- Next, select ‘Uninstall’ to remove from your computer and select ‘Yes’ when prompted.
- Finally, reboot your computer.
Get In Touch With Us For More Like This:
Therefore, by going through the above-mentioned methods you can uninstall the Avast antivirus software on your computer. Hope this article has been entirely helpful to you and if not, you can always write your opinion in the comments section below. Stay tuned for more articles like this.