Avast Antivirus is one of the most highly rated security software to protect the device from malicious content and virus. But, if you are using this application while sending an email to anyone, you may get “This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast” message.
In that case, you need to remove the Avast email signature. Here, we will guide you on how to disable the Avast email signature in 2016, 2017, and 2018 versions. To get the steps, you need to move to the next section.
Methods Discussing How to Remove Avast Email Signature on Recent Versions
This section consists of the key steps to remove the Avast email signature. You just need to implement the mentioned steps as stated in the following section.
Remove Avast Signature from the Latest Version (2018)
Disabling the email signature from Avast is quite easy. However, in the latest version of Avast, you don’t even need to install the Mail Shield. Hence, to remove the email signature, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Tap on the Avast icon from the Windows system tray.
- Now, right-click on the Avast program.
Note: Otherwise, you can simply go to the Start Menu. From there, go to the “All Programs” section. Thereafter, choose the “Avast” application from the list of the programs.
- Now, go to “Settings” and then move to the “General” section.
- From there, search for the “Enable Avast Email Signature” option.
- Make sure this option is unchecked. Then tap on the “OK” button after you are done with unchecking it.
Now, restart the device and log in to the email account. You will be able to see that the Avast email message is not showing there. Hence, you have to remove the email signature to fix it.
But, if you are still seeing the message, this indicates that you have not properly disabled the email signature in Avast software.
If this is the case, you need to repeat the steps mentioned above. Now, we will discuss how to disable the Avast email signature in version 2017.
Remove Signature from Avast Antivirus 2017
If you use the older version (e.g. 2017), the above steps won’t work on Avast to disable the email signature. In that case, you need to follow the mentioned steps to do that.
- Open the Avast interface. You can access it by just hitting the Avast icon from the Windows System tray.
- Now, go to the “Settings”. From there, tap on the “Active Protection” option.
- Go to the “Mail Shield” row and then tap on the “Customise” link.
- From there, choose the “Disable the Avast Email Footer Signature” option.
- Now, the “Mail shield Settings” window will appear on the screen.
- Once the window opens, go to the “Behavior” section.
- Find the “Insert note into clean message” option and uncheck it.
- Tap on the “Ok” button next.
Now, after performing the above steps one after the other, restart the device. Login to the email account and check if you are seeing the message. If you are not getting that message in the mail section, then you have successfully removed the email signature.
Also, there will be no notifications if you send someone an email. But, if the email message is still there, you have to repeat the steps discussed above so that none gets the Avast Message while receiving the mail.
If you use Avast 2016, proceed with the next section to disable the email signature.
How to Get Rid of Avast Email Signature from Older Versions (Before 2016)?
You can also remove the email signature in Avast if you are using the version that is older than 2016.
In the older versions of Avast, the email signature is enabled because the mail shield is enabled in the software. In that case, you need to disable the mail shield by referring to the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Start Menu. From there, go to the “Programs” section.
- From there, go to the “Programs and Features” option. Tap on the “Change” option.
- Now, you will see the “Avast Antivirus Setup” page will appear on the screen.
- Tap on the “Modify” option and then check if the “Mail Shield” option is checked.
Note: If the “Mail Shield “ option is unchecked, you need to uncheck it.
- Tap on the “Change” button and wait for a while until the setup process finishes.
After applying the above steps, you can successfully disable the mail shield in the Avast Antivirus 2016 version. Now, all you need to do is to remove the email signature from the Avast Mail Shield.
After doing that, you will be able to get rid of the Avast email signature feature. If you still can’t resolve this email signature, apply the next mentioned to disable the mail shield in Avast.
You can also remove the Mail Shield by just changing the Settings in the “EmailShield.ini” file. For that, you need to apply the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Start menu. From there, go to the Search box and write “notepad”.
- From the search result, tap on “Notepad”. Thereafter, the Notepad application window will appear on the screen.
- Now, right-click on the “Notepad” and choose the “Run as administrator” option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, after acquiring all the Administrative rights, open Notepad and then go to the “File” section.
- From there, tap on the “Open” option and then give the file path.
Note: If you are a Windows 7,8,8.1 or 10 user, you need to give this following path “C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\EmailShield.ini”.
However, if you use Windows XP, then you need to search for the “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Avast\EmailShield.ini” path.
- Now, search for the InsertNoteCleanMsg, InsertNoteCleanMsgIn, and InsertNoteInfectedMsgIn rows and change the value to “0”.
- Next, go to the “File” section and then tap on the “Save” option.
- After this, the Avast dialog box will appear on the screen, where you have to confirm the action.
By just applying the above steps, you will be able to disable the Mail Shield. Once you are done with disabling the email shield, the receivers won’t get the message that you are using Avast Antivirus.
Here, we have just discussed some effective steps to disable the Avast email signature in the application. The steps to remove it varies from one version of Avast to the other. Hence, you need to implement the above-mentioned steps accordingly.