AVG error 0xE0010002 is a common error code that occurs while installing or uninstalling the AVG antivirus on your computer. On encountering this error code, you won’t be able to uninstall AVG antivirus software from the system.
This error code can be caused due to various reasons. One of the common reasons is the corrupted AVG antivirus application. Apart from that, an outdated version of the Operating System, Windows Firewall, missing system files can also lead to this error code.
How to Resolve AVG Error Code 0xE0010002?
There are different procedures that you can try to fix the AVG error 0xE0010002 on your computer. Below we have shared each procedure in detail to help you solve this error code on the device.
Procedure 1- Repair the AVG Antivirus Software
Corrupted AVG antivirus software can cause the AVG error code 0xE0010002 on the Windows 10 device. Therefore, you should repair it by following these steps:
- Press the Start button and select the Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel window, go to the Programs & Features section.
- Scroll down the page until you find the AVG antivirus application, select it.
- After that, click on the Repair option to start the repair process.
- Once the repair process is done, restart your computer and then check if the issue is resolved or not.
Procedure 2- Update the Operating System
An outdated version of the Operating System can cause this error code on the system. So, it is important to keep the system up-to-date. To update it, follow these steps given below:
- Hit the Start button from the keyboard and then click on the Settings icon.
- When you are in the Settings window, navigate to the Update & Security section.
- Select the Update tab on the left panel.
- Click on the Check for Updates option for the available updates.
- If the update is there, then you can see an option Update, click on it.
- Once the update process is finished, the device will automatically restart.
Procedure 3- Disable the Windows Defender Firewall
Sometimes, Windows Defender Firewall can also be responsible for the AVG error 0xE0010002 on your Windows 10 PC. Therefore, you should turn it off as soon as possible. The following steps will help you to do so:
- Go to the Control Panel and double-click on the Windows Firewall section.
- In the Windows Firewall window, click on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall On and Off option on the left panel.
- On the right window, tick the box next to the Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall option from both Public Network Settings and Private Network Settings sections.
- After performing this, click on the Save Changes option to save it.
Procedure 4- Uninstall the Third-Party Security Software
If any other third-party security software is installed on your computer, then it can conflict with AVG antivirus application and can result in this uninstall error code 0xE0010002. So, you should remove it at the earliest. Follow these steps hereunder:
- Launch the Control Panel window.
- When you are in the Control Panel window, double-click on the Programs & Features section.
- Search for another third-party security software, select it.
- Afterward, click on the Uninstall option to start the removing process.
- After removing it, reboot your PC and then try to uninstall AVG antivirus software.
Procedure 5- Clear the Temporary Files
If you fail to remove the temporary files from time to time, then you can come across this error code on the device. So, you should remove them. To know more about it, follow these steps listed below:
- Press the Start + R buttons together to launch the Run box.
- Type %temp% and then hit the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- From the Temporary folder, select all the items and then press the Delete button from the keyboard to remove them.
Procedure 6 – Remove the AVG Folder
Removing the AVG folder from the system can fix the AVG uninstall error 0xE0010002 on the PC. Let’s take a look at the steps given below:
- Press the Windows Home button and E key at the same time to launch the File Explorer window.
- In the File Explorer window, go to the following path C: \ drive > Programs Files
- On the Programs Files window, locate the AVG REMOVER folder, right-click on it.
- Select the Delete option to remove it.
Procedure 7- Reinstall the AVG Antivirus Software
Another effective procedure by which you can get rid of this error code on your computer is to reinstall AVG antivirus software. Here are some steps that we have provided below:
- Right-click on the Start icon and choose the Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel window, navigate to the Programs & Features section.
- Look for the AVG antivirus application, select it and then click on the Uninstall option.
- Once the uninstallation process is done, reboot your computer and then install it.
- So, visit the official website of the AVG and download the latest version of the AVG antivirus application.
- After completing the download file, install it properly.
- Once the installation process is complete, restart the device and then check if the error still occurs or not.
Procedure 8- Perform the System File Checker Tool
By performing the System File Checker tool, you can resolve the AVG error 0xE0010002 on your device. Here’s how to do that:
- Press Win + X buttons together to launch the WinX menu list and select the Command Prompt(Admin).
- When you are in the Command Prompt window, type SFC/scannow and then press the Enter button.
- This will take a few seconds to finish.
- Once the scanning process is finished, restart your Windows 10 computer and then try to uninstall it to check if the error code still shows up or not.
Procedure 9- Using the AVG Remover Tool
If the above-mentioned procedures did not help you out, then you can use the AVG remover tool which you can get from the official website of the AVG in order to fix this error code on your device. To do that, follow the under mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of the AVG and download the AVG removing tool.
- After downloading the file, install it.
- Once the installation process is complete, try to use this tool to remove the AVG antivirus application from the system and also check if the error code still appears or not.
These are the overall steps to get rid of the AVG error 0xE0010002.