Norton antivirus comes with an additional Firewall, which is not very much compatible like the one pre-installed on our computer. Henceforth, the implementation of this additional Firewall on the computer creates a problem, such as the remote assistant software might stop working on your computer. Also, the sync process might not work. Even, we can lose some of our essential data from our computer. Hence, it is very necessary to disable the Firewall on your computer. So in this article, we are going to discuss the methods how you can disable Norton Firewall on your computer.
Background Reasons to Disable Norton Firewall
The reasons to disable the Norton firewall are as follows:
- Sometimes, due to the use of the Norton Firewall on our computer, the remote assistance software fails to work.
- Also, the sync process might not work properly on your computer.
- Sometimes, the saved information might get deleted from our computer.
- In some cases, the pop-ups might get blocked in between the presentations.
Effective Procedures: How to disable Norton 360 Firewall?
The effective ways to disable the Norton 360 firewall are:
- By temporarily disabling the Norton 360 firewall.
- Switching the Norton firewall on or off.
- Disabling the Norton 360 antivirus.
Therefore, we will discuss all the methods elaborately.
Temporary disabling the Norton 360 Total Security Firewall
Follow the steps to disable the Norton 360 firewall on your computer:
- At first, open the Norton 360 antivirus software on your computer.
- After that, select ‘Detailed Settings’ and then select ‘Settings’.
- Then, select the option ‘Firewall’.
- Next, locate the tab ‘General Settings’ and select it to open.
- In the ‘General Settings choose ‘Smart Firewall’.
- Next, turn it off to disable the antivirus on your computer.
- At last, select ‘Apply’ to save the changes.
Switching the Norton firewall on or off
To turn the Norton firewall on or off go through the steps:
- Open the Norton antivirus on your computer.
- Then, in the ‘Device Security’ select the option ‘My Norton’ and then select ‘Open’.
- After that, select ‘Settings’ from the main window and then select ‘Firewall’.
- Next, select ‘smart Firewall’ from the ‘General Settings’ and set the switch to ‘Off’.
- At last, select ‘Apply’ and then select ‘OK’
Disabling the Norton 360 antivirus
To disable the Norton 360 antivirus follow the steps:
- At first, select the ‘Norton Internet Security’ icon on the computer and then open it.
- After that, select the tab ‘Norton Internet Security’ and then choose the option ‘Settings’.
- Then, turn the ‘Auto-Protect’ off.
- At last, select ‘Personal firewall’ and then, turn it off.
Thus, by following the steps check whether the Norton firewall is turned off on your computer.
Now, you should certainly be successfully doing away with the disabling process of the Norton Firewall.