McAfee is one of the most powerful antivirus software that is used across the world. It offers unique features and protection against any kind of malware threats. However, sometimes you might not be satisfied with the overall performance of this antivirus. As a result, you might want to disable the software.
At the time of uninstalling this antivirus, you might face various issues. So, it is important to know the exact uninstalling process of the antivirus software and then remove it from your device. Therefore, here is how to disable McAfee.
How to turn off McAfee?
Use these easy methods to fix the problem permanently. Therefore, carefully follow all the instructions that are mentioned below.
Solution 1: Disable McAfee Real-Time Scanning
If you disable McAfee Real-Time Scanning, then it might solve this problem. To uninstall McAfee, follow the below-mentioned steps accordingly.
- First, go to the bottom right corner of your Windows desktop and then select the McAfee icon.
- After that, go to the Change Settings option and then select the Real-time scanning option.
- Then, head over to the Real-Time Scanning status window and then select the Turn off option.
- Now, you will be able to specify when you want Real-Time Scanning to resume.
- Thereafter, navigate to the Drop-down menu and select the “When I restart my PC” option. To confirm your selection, select the Turn off option.
- Finally, reboot your device and check McAfee disabled or not.
Solution 2: Disable McAfee Firewall
If you want to disable McAfee then disable the firewall and to do that follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Initially, go to the bottom-right corner of your Windows Desktop and then select the McAfee icon.
- After that, look for the Firewall and select the Change Settings option.
- Next, locate the Firewall Status window and select the Turn Off button.
- Now, specify when you want the Firewall to turn back automatically.
- Then, move to Drop-Down menu and click on the When I Restart My PC option.
- In the end, confirm your selection and for that, select the Turn Off option.
How to turn off McAfee Windows 10 without Deleting it?
If you want to turn off McAfee without deleting, then follow the below-mentioned steps.
- At first, open the Search Charm and for that, select the “Windows-Q” option.
- Then, go to the Search Box and type “McAfee”. Next hit the Enter key.
- Now, go to the McAfee main window and then select the “Virus and Spyware Protection” option.
- Next, navigate to the “Real-Time Scanning” option and select the “Turn Off” option.
- After that, select a time frame with the help of the Pull-Down menu.
- Sometimes you might want to close the Real-Time Scanning indefinitely. Then, head over to the “Never instead” option and click on the “Turn Off” option.
- Now, click on the Done option.
- Then, go to the McAfee main window and select the “Web and Email Protection” option.
- Lastly, locate the turn Off option and then, choose the Done option.
Note: Sometimes you might want to turn on the Real-Time Scanning or Firewall manually. Then, you need to select the “Virus and Spyware Protection option. Even you can click on the “Web and Email Protection” option also. Finally, select the “Turn On” option.
Hopefully, applying the above solutions appropriately might help you to disable McAfee without any hassle.