AVG is an antivirus which is developed by AVG technologies. Generally, people use this antivirus software on their computer to prevent unauthorized access by any unwanted persons and to protect our computer from all the cyber threats, such as malware, spyware, and virus. But, due to the installation of the AVG antivirus on our computer and also while using it, we face many issues. Many of the AVG antivirus users reports that due to the use of the AVG antivirus, the computer, sometimes, might crash down. Also, it slows down or disables the internet connection on your computer. Furthermore, the computer might lag or freeze if we use the AVG antivirus. So, you must be thinking about how you can turn off the AVG antivirus temporarily on your computer. Therefore, in this article, we are going to discuss the steps on “how to disable AVG antivirus on your computer efficiently?”
Background Reasons to disable AVG antivirus on your computer
The background reasons to disable the AVG antivirus on your computer are as follows:
- The main problem which is faced while using the AVG antivirus on your computer is that it can crash the computer.
- Also, it can make the computer slow.
- Sometimes, due to the use of the AVG antivirus the internet connection might get stopped on our computer.
- The computer might lag or freeze due to the use of the AVG antivirus software on your computer.
Methods: How to disable AVG antivirus?
The methods to disable the AVG antivirus on your computer follow the steps:
- By disabling the individual protection.
- Disabling all the protections.
- By turning off the AVG in Windows.
- If you opt out of AVG in Mac.
Thus, we are going to discuss the methods in details, so that you can disable the AVG antivirus without any difficulties.
By disabling the Individual Protection
To disable all the individual protection on your computer follow the steps:
- At first, open the AVG antivirus protection on your computer.
- After that, select the option ‘Disable’ to turn off the individual protection on your computer.
- After disabling the individual protection close the window and then check whether the antivirus is disabled on your computer.
Disabling all the protections
To disable all the protection on our computer follow the steps:
- Select and open the AVG antivirus on your computer and then, select ‘Options’ from the list of menus.
- After that, select the option ‘Advanced Options’ and then from the navigation pane select the option ‘temporarily Disable AVG protection’ and then select ‘Temporary disable AVG protection’ to disable the antivirus temporarily on your computer.
- Now, go through the warning message on your computer screen and select the confirmation.
- Finally, select the option ‘Until Restart’ and then, select the option ‘OK’ to disable all the AVG antivirus protection.
By disabling the AVG on Windows
Follow the steps to disable the AVG antivirus in Windows:
- At first, click twice on the ‘AVG icon’ which is located in the system tray.
- After that, from the top right corner select ‘Options’.
- Then, choose the option ‘Advanced Settings’ and then select the option ‘Temporary Disable AVG Protection’.
- Next, select the option ‘Temporarily disable AVG protection’ on your computer.
- After that, choose the time limit for how long you want to disable the antivirus on your computer.
- Finally, select the option ‘Disable Firewall protection’ to disable the antivirus and then, select ‘OK’
Disabling the AVG in MAC
To disable the AVG software on your MAC computer follow the steps:
- Open the AVG antivirus on your computer at first.
- Then, below the option ‘Real Time Protection’ select ‘ON’ and then select ‘OFF’
- After, performing the task enable it on your computer.
Thus, by performing the above-mentioned methods you can resolve the issue by yourself.
Resolving this issue is not a difficult task. Hence, go through the steps one by one and then disable the AVG antivirus on your computer. Also, you can follow our official websites for any issues related to the AVG antivirus. Stay tuned to us for further updates.