When you found that the Panda antivirus is not working properly, then there is no doubt that something is wrong with the Panda antivirus. Among several issues, one of the common is Panda antivirus error code 10.
The error arises due to the corrupted system files. If your device is attacked by the malware, then you might receive this error code. But the good news is you can easily fix the problem with the help of the solutions mentioned in the section below.
Effective Ways to Resolve Panda Antivirus Error Code 10:
In case, if you are frequently getting the same issue, then go through the steps mentioned in the section below.
Fix 1: Repair Registry
When you encounter the error code 10 on your device, then you need to tweak the registry manually. To perform the steps, follow the instructions mentioned in the section below.
- First of all, press the Start button and then type ‘cmd’ in the search window. Thereafter, right-click on the cmd icon and select the Run as Administrator option from the drop-down menu to launch the Command Prompt as an admin.
- After that, type Reg add HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlBackupRestoreFilesN and hit the Enter button.
- Once the command is executed properly, close the command window. After that, open the Service window by entering the ‘services.msc’ in the search box.
- Now, right-click on it and select the Stop option from the drop-down menu.
- To start it again right-click on it and click on the Start button.
After doing so, we hope you have successfully resolved the problem. Otherwise, read the next solution and apply it.
Fix 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Panda Antivirus
In case, if the Panda antivirus unexpected error code 10 still persists, then you need to uninstall the Panda antivirus from your device and then reinstall it again with the fresh version.
Most of the people have reported that they have fixed the problem after applying the steps. To apply this procedure, go through the steps mentioned in the section below.
- At first, press the Start button and then move to the Control Panel section. Now, head over the Programs and Features tab.
- Here you will find all the applications that are installed on your device. Locate the Panda antivirus software from your list and right-click on it.
- Now, select the Uninstall option from the drop-down menu to remove the antivirus from your device. It will take some time to complete the process.
- Once done, restart the system and then launch a web browser on your device. Now, visit the official website of the Panda.
- Now, search for the latest version of Panda antivirus for your device. Press the Download button and save the downloaded file on a particular folder.
- Now, close the web browser and move to the folder. Click on the download file and install it on your device.
Wait until the process gets completed. When the installation process gets over, restart the system and check the status of the error code.
Fix 3: Run an SFC tool
A certain number of people have reported that the problem might arise due to the corrupted system files. Hence, you need to check the system files. In case, if you found anything wrong with the system files, immediately delete them from your device.
But locating the damaged file is a challenge. That is why Windows has launched the System File checker tool. It will scan your whole device and search for the faulty system file. To run this tool, walk through the instruction described in the section below.
#1. At first, launch the Run window by pressing the Windows + R keys together. After that, type ‘cmd’ in the Run window.
#2. Thereafter, right-click on the cmd icon and select the Run as Administrator option to open the command window as an administrator.
#3. Next, type ‘sfc/scannow’ in the Command Prompt box and hit the Enter button to execute the command.
#4. Due to this, the System File Checker tool automatically launches on your device and start to scan your device.
Wait until the process gets completed. When you get the corrupted system files, delete them by pressing the Delete button from your keyboard.
We hope, after applying the methods, you have surely resolved the Panda antivirus error code 10. It is recommended to first read all the solutions properly that are discussed in the above section and then apply which one is useful in your case.