Norton antivirus program protects a computer against viruses, malware, or unwanted threats. It monitors all internet traffic and installed programs to keep the system safe. But, if the Norton won’t open then you need effective hacks to get rid of this problem.
Often these glitches are associated with a particular error notification. Further, if the error remains unfixed then it can create deliberate problems in the future.
Your computer may even fail to prevent data breaches and unwanted hackers. Thus, implementing an effective way-out is the best way to deal with such problems.
Easy Hacks to Fix Norton Security Won’t Open
There are a lot of ways to solve this issue. You can perform the below hacks to troubleshoot this issue:
Way 1: Check the Norton Program
Most of the time, the Norton security program is directly downloaded from the internet with the help of the Download Manager program. But, according to some tech specialists, program start-up issues may occur as the result of an incomplete download.
It may prevent the security program to install and run properly on your computer. To solve this, first, restart the system and open the Download Manager once again. Afterward, verify the product code with the help of the email that is sent by the provider while purchasing.
Type the provided key in the input filed of Download Manager and then try to download the program once again. Afterward, install it by following the on-screen prompts and check if now you are able to open the Norton security program.
If you see that you are still unable to use the application then you can move on to the further ways described below.
Way 2: Update the Norton Security Tool
You can also face this issue if you are using an outdated version of the Norton antivirus program. Hence, if you don’t update the Norton security for a long time, try to download the latest version to get rid of this problem.
How to Update Norton Antivirus?
To update the Norton antivirus program, you can have a look at the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, right-click on the ‘.exe’ tool file.
- Then, choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ option from the list.
- Next, click on the Next button from the next page.
- Now, perform the on-screen guidance to open the ‘Update’ window.
Note: If you are unable to view the ‘Update Window’, then go to the Norton account and try to install the related antivirus program.
- After that, log in to your Norton account using the login credentials.
- Then, go to the Setup page.
- Lastly, tap on the Agree button to start the downloading process.
Way 3: Using Norton Reinstall Tool
You can solve this issue by using the Norton Reinstall tool. Before going to perform the below steps, you have to remove or uninstall the programs that are related to the Norton security program. To do this, you can follow the steps given below:
- First, visit the official website of Norton and search for the ‘Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool’. Once you get that, download the tool on your computer.
- Now, navigate to the location where you have saved the tool and click twice on the icon. Check the box to agree on the license agreement as well as terms and conditions.
- Afterward, tap on the ‘Remove and Reinstall’ option and then select the ‘Continue’ option from the next page.
- Next, tap on the ‘Restart Now’ button to complete the uninstallation process.
Once the system restarts, follow the on-screen guidance to reinstall the Noton antivirus. After reinstalling the antivirus, you can check if the ‘Norton won’t open’ issue is fixed.
Way 4: Clear the Junk Files of the System
Another workaround is that you can clear the Junk files of the system. To do this, you can perform the steps given below:
- First of all, navigate to the Start menu.
- Click on the ‘File Explorer’ option and then navigate to the ‘This PC’ section.
- Right-click on the hard drive (it is usually C:\). Choose the ‘Properties’ option from the list.
- Tap on the Disk Cleanup button. Now, it will open a list of options that can be removed. Select them and right-click on them. Tap on the Remove button.
If you want more options, you can tap on the ‘Clean up system files’ option. Then, choose the particular items that you wish to remove from the system. Then, tap on the OK button and then click on the ‘Delete Files’ option.
If you want to read more about Norton and related topics, you can visit our website.