Norton error 8504 develops because of the incomplete installation process or the unethical downloading of the Norton Antivirus. So, if another antivirus or security product installed previously on your computer, then you might encounter this issue.
Sometimes Virus or malware-infected Windows System file or Norton Antivirus related program files can also be responsible for this error. As a result, the active program window is crashed.
Therefore, when you try to run the same program, then your PC might crash frequently due to this error. Also, the installation process might fail. Moreover, it affects the upgrade process as well.
Windows become slow and it runs languidly when this error triggers up. Due to this error, frequently the Windows might restart on its own. There is also a high tendency of your system to freeze frequently.
Effective Ways to fix Norton security suite error 8504:
Below discussed are some of the effective solutions that you might implement on your own to fix the Norton error 8504.
Solution 1: Remove Pre-Installed Antivirus
To fix Norton security suite error 8504, you need to remove pre-installed antivirus and for that follow the below-mentioned steps.
- At first, remove all the pre-existing security tools which are installed on your PC.
- After that, click on the Windows and R key at the same time on your keyboard.
- Now, type appwiz.cpl and then, select the Enter button.
- Then, go to the Antivirus tool and click on the Uninstall option.
- Now, follow all the on-screen instructions to remove the program and then, select the OK option.
- In the end, reboot your PC and check whether this error appears or not.
Solution 2: Update Graphics Card
To fix Norton error 8504, update Graphics card. Hence,
- At first, go to My Computer option and click on the Manage option. After that, go to the Device Manager option and select the Display adapters option. Even, you might press the Windows key and R at the same time and type devmgmt.msc. Then, press the Enter key.
- Now, go to the Display Adapters option and click on the HD Graphics Card option. Then, select the Update Driver Software option.
- After that, make sure that your HD Graphics Card is updated or not and for that click on the Alt and enter at the same time on your keyboard.
- In the end, reboot your driver and check whether this error persists or not.
Solution 3: Use Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
In order to resolve this error, you might use Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool and for that follow the below-mentioned steps.
- First, go to the Norton’s official site and download the latest Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- After that, select the downloaded file and then run the installation process. Then, select the Advanced option.
- In the end, go to Remove the Only option and then select the Remove option. After that, reboot your PC and check whether the error pops up or not.
Solution 4: Use Norton AutoFix Tool
To fix the Norton error 8504, use Norton Autofix Tool and for that follow the below-mentioned steps.
- At first, go to the Norton AutoFix Tool icon and click on the Run option to start detecting.
- When the issue is identified, then the tool will remove the cause automatically and will provide you detailed information about it.
Solution 5: Use Disk Cleanup Utility
With the disk cleanup utility, you might be able to fix this issue. Here are the steps that you need to perform.
- At first, go to the Start menu. After that, go to the Search Box and enter “command”. Don’t click on the Enter button to move to the next step.
- Now, press Ctrl, Shift and Enter keys at the same time on your keyboard.
- After that, click on the Yes option to give permission and then, type “Regedit”. Next, hit the Enter button.
- Now, disk cleanup will start calculating how much space can be removed from each drive.
- Next, select the “Temporary Files” option to remove the junk files.
- In the end, choose the checkbox against the categories you wish to remove. After that, select the OK option. Now, you have removed the temporary and junk files successfully from your device.
Solution 6: Update Device Drivers
At times, updating your device drivers can be an effective fix. Therefore,
- At first, click on the Start option. After that, go to the Search Box option and enter the Device Manager option.
- Then, go to the Expand option and click on your device from the category. Next, press and hold it and select “Update Driver” option.
- In the end, select Search Automatically option for the updated driver software.
In case you are still encountering problems with the update drivers, try reinstalling it.
Steps to Reinstall Driver:
- First, go to the Device Manager option.
- After that, press and hold the name of the device. Then, select the Uninstall option.
- Now, just reboot your PC. After that, windows might start to reinstall the driver.
Solution 7: Run System File Checker
Here are the steps that you can implement to run the System File Checker.
- At first, press the Start button.
- After that, go to the Search Box and then, type “ Command”.
- Then, press and hold Ctrl and Shift at the same time on your keyboard and then, hit the Enter key.
- Now, you will be asked with a permission dialog box and then, select the “Yes” option.
- After that, you will observe that a black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Then, type “sfc/ scannow”, hit the Enter key.
- Now, the System File Checker might start the scanning process and then, follow all the on-screen commands.
Solution 8: Install All Windows Updates
Here are the steps that you need to follow to install all Windows updates.
- At first, select the Start option.
- After that, go to the Search Box and then, enter “Update”. Next, hit the Enter key.
- Now, the Windows Update dialog box will arise and if updates are available then, click on the “Install Updates” option.
Hopefully, with the help of the above-mentioned steps, you might be able to fix Norton error 8504 without any hassle.