McAfee provides enhanced security and protection to the device from unwanted malware. But sometimes, you can face certain issues at the time of installing McAfee security products.
When you get this error, you will get a red screen with the “Unable to Continue Installation. We are having trouble installing your McAfee software because of this. Error 0” message”.
Here, we are mentioning some of the possible causes behind getting the McAfee error 0. Also, read these instructions carefully and get the proper solutions to fix it.
Reasons Behind McAfee Installation Error 0
Due to some reasons, you can get this error. We are listing some of those here.
- Often, the corrupted Windows Registry regarding the McAfee software can trigger this error.
- An incomplete installation can lead to this particular error in Mcafee.
- If the installed version of the McAfee is corrupted, then also this error can be triggered.
- Besides, if any other security product is already present on the device, you won’t be able to install McAfee and see this error.
Now that you know what’s causing this installation error, let’s discuss the fixes to resolve it.
Methods to Fix McAfee Error Code 0
This section consists of the key solutions to get rid of the McAfee error, so you can install it again. So, have a look at the steps in detail.
Method 1: Resolve the DNS Issues
Installation issues can occur in McAfee if the DNS server is having an issue. In that case, you need to change the DNS settings and then try to install the McAfee again. For that, you need to go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Start Menu. From the search box, write “Control Panel”. Then tap on Control Panel from the search results.
- Now, in the Control Panel window, tap on the “Network and Internet Settings” option. From there, right-click on the “Network Adapter” and then choose the “Properties” option from the drop-down menu.
- Thereafter, choose the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)”.
- Again, go to the ‘Properties’ section. Check the “Use the following DNS server address” option.
- Choose the “Preferred” and “alternate” DNS address.
Note: Make sure the values in the Preferred and Alternate DNS servers are set properly.
- Now, tap on the “OK” button and then click on the ”Close” button.
Once you are done with the above steps, you will be able to solve the DNS server related issues. Now, try to install McAfee and check if you can access the program without any error.
You can also change the DNS Server by going to Command Prompt if the error persists.
Method 2: Run the Mcafee Preinstall Tools
You can easily fix the error by just running the preinstall tool in the device. If you are unable to install the application, then the pre-install tool will help you to install the McAfee software. And to run the McAfee Pre-install tool, you need to do the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the McAfee Pre-Install tool first. Now, tap on the “Pre-installed” document.
- Read the onscreen instructions (warning message) and then tap on the “OK” button.
- After Pre-Install completes to run, tap on the “OK” button again.
- Thereafter, tap on the “Close” button to exit from the application.
Now, after running the Pre-Install tool, try to install the McAfee products that you want to install. Hopefully, you won’t get the Mcafee error after applying this method. But, if you are still getting issues, then it is recommended to go to the next section.
Method 3: Use DISM
For the corrupted or damaged system files, you can get issues while installing the McAfee software. In that case, you need to run the DISM tool to overcome the error. To run the DISM tool, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Start button. In the search box, write “Command Prompt”.
- From the searched result, tap on the Command Prompt and right-click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the “Run as administrator” option.
- In the Command Prompt Window, write “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth”.
- Hit the Enter button to run the command.
Once, you are done with running the Disk tool, it will check for the corrupted data. Thereafter, it will repair those corrupted data and fix the error. Now, try to install Mcafee from any reliable website. Hopefully, you will be able to install McAfee easily after performing these methods.