While trying to open the Avira antivirus application on your device for the scanning process, you might come across “Avira won’t open” error on the device. Once you find this, you won’t be able to use it properly on your computer.
This problem mainly appears if the Avira antivirus application is corrupted. Other reasons include an outdated version of the Operating System, Avira antivirus application, malware infection, Windows Defender firewall, etc.
Hence, this is one of the most common problems but it can be fixed easily on your own.
How to Fix Avira Won’t Open on Windows 10?
When you encounter this problem, you should restart your computer. Sometimes, restarting the device can fix various problems that you encounter frequently.
After restarting the device, if the problem still arises, then you can try other fixes to solve the Avira won’t open issue on your device. Here, we are going to provide some of the easy and effective fixes for this issue. Therefore, perform and implement them one-by-one as instructed below:
Fix 1 # End the Background Process of Avira Antivirus Application
If the background process of the Avira antivirus application is running, then you may notice that Avira won’t open in Windows 10 device. So, you should end it from the Task Manager. Then, perform the following steps:
- Press the CTRL +SHIFT + ESC buttons together to launch the Task Manager window.
- When you are in the Task Manager window, navigate to the Processes tab and look for Avira antivirus application, select it.
- After that, click on the End Task option to stop the process.
- Once you are done, reboot your computer and then try to open the Avira antivirus application.
Fix 2 # Disable the Windows Defender Firewall
Sometimes, the Windows Defender Firewall can block the Avira antivirus application from opening. Therefore, you should disable it by following these steps:
- Press the Windows Home button and choose the Control Panel option.
- In the Control Panel window, navigate to the Windows Firewall section.
- From the Windows Firewall section, click on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall On and Off option on the left panel.
- On the right window, go to the Public Network Settings and Private Network Settings sections and mark on the box next to the Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall option. After that, click on the Save Changes option to save it.
- After performing these steps, check if the Windows Firewall is triggering the issue or not.
Fix 3 # Remove the Third-Party Security Software
Another third-party security software is often the responsible factor behind the “Avira won’t open” problem on the device. Therefore, you should remove it at the earliest. To know more about it, follow these steps:
- Press the Start button and I key together to launch the Settings window.
- Once the Settings window opens up, go to the Apps section and then select the Apps & Features tab on the left panel.
- Look for the third-party security application, select it and then click on the Uninstall option.
- After uninstalling it, restart your device and then try to open the Avira antivirus application.
Fix 4 # Update Avira Antivirus Software
If the Avira antivirus is not compatible with the Operating System, then you can confront this problem on the device.
Updating the Avira antivirus is quite an easy task to fix this problem. So, it is important to keep the Avira antivirus application up to date. Here’s how to do that:
- Visit the official website of the Avira and look for the latest version of Avira antivirus application.
- After that, download it and then install it again.
- Once it is done, restart your Windows 10 computer and then check if the problem is resolved or not. If it fails to solve it then go to the next one.
Fix 5 # Repair Avira Antivirus Application
If the Avira antivirus application is corrupted then you can encounter the “Avira won’t open” error on Windows 10 device. Therefore, you should repair it. To do that follow these steps hereunder:
- Launch the Control Panel window and go to the Programs & Features section.
- Search for Avira antivirus application, select it and then click on the Repair option.
- Once the repair process is completed, reboot the machine and then try to launch the Avira antivirus application and see if the problem still persists or not.
Fix 6 # Set the Avira Antivirus Application to Automatic
If the Avira antivirus service is stopped running then you can start the service and solve the problem immediately. Here are some steps that you can follow:
- Press the Start + R keys together to launch the Run box.
- Type services.msc and then click on the OK option or hit the Enter button.
- When the Services window opens, look for Avira antivirus service, right-click on it.
- Select the Properties button from that list.
- In the Properties window, set the Startup type to Automatic from the drop-down menu list and then click on the Start button.
- After performing this, click on the Apply button and then tap on the OK option to save the changes.
Fix 7 # Reinstall the Avira Antivirus Application
Another effective solution by which you can get rid of the “Avira won’t open” issue is to reinstall the Avira antivirus application. The following steps will help you:
- Hit the Windows Home button and click on the Settings icon.
- Double-click on the Apps section and then select the Apps & Features tab.
- Scroll down the page and locate the Avira antivirus application, select it and then click on the Uninstall button to remove them.
- After uninstalling it, restart your computer and then install it.
- Go to the official website of the Avira and download the latest version of Avira antivirus application.
- After downloading it, install it properly.
- Once the installation process is finished, reboot the device and then open the Avira antivirus application.
Fix 8 # Update the Operating System
Sometimes, updating the Operating System can help you to get rid of this error on the system. You can do this by going through these steps:
- Open the Settings window and navigate to the Update & Security section.
- Select the Update tab on the left panel.
- Click on the Check for updates option to check if the updates are available or not.
- If yes, then you will get a button Update, click on it.
- Once the update process is complete, the Windows 10 system will automatically restart.