Avira antivirus comes with automated update features that help it to detect and update the latest information associated with potential threats. But, often users of Avira antivirus reports that the Avira launcher is not working on their computer.
Thus, you need potential hacks and methods to resolve the problem at the earliest. We are going to discuss the easiest ways through which you can solve this issue in minutes.
Easy Hacks to Fix the ‘Avira Launcher Not Working on Windows 10’ Issue
There are a lot of ways to resolve this issue. You can perform the solutions stated below in the exact solution given below:
Fix 1: Confirm that you have the Admin Permission
If the Avira launcher is not working on your computer, then you have to ensure that you have the administrator’s permission. Here are the steps you need to perform to do this:
- First of all, go to the location where the Avira installation folder is saved (Mostly it is ‘C:\Programs\Avira)
- Then, right-click on the installer file of Avira antivirus.
- Choose the ‘Properties’ option from the list and go to the Compatibility tab.
- Now, check the box that prompts ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’.
- Next, select ‘Windows 10’ from the menu. Afterward, tick the ‘Run this program as an administrator’ to confirm the action.
Now, close the window and restart the computer. After that, you can try to run the Avira launcher once again to check if the problem is resolved. If you see that the problem still persists, you can move on to the further ways described below.
Fix 2: Set the Startup Type to Automatic
You can solve this issue by settings the Startup type of the Avira antivirus program to ‘Automatic’. To do this, you can perform the steps as follows:
- First and foremost, press the R and Windows key both at the same time from the keyboard to invoke the Run Command box.
- Then, type “services.msc” in the Run box and press the Enter key to proceed (Or, if you prefer, you can also tap on the OK button).
- Now, search for the ‘Avira Service Host’ file. Once you get that, right-click on that and choose the ‘Start’ option from the list.
- Afterward, right-click on the ‘Avira Service Host’ file once again. Then, choose the ‘Properties’ option from the list.
- Navigate to the General Panel. Now, confirm that the Startup type is set to Automatic.
- Lastly, click on the OK button to complete this procedure.
Fix 3: Uninstall and Reinstall Avira Antivirus Program’
If the above two procedures failed to solve this issue, then you can perform this hack as your last resort. If you are using an outdated version of Avira antivirus, then it might be one of the prime reasons behind this problem.
Hence, this problem can be fixed by reinstalling the program. Usually, the latest version always comes with the advanced updated features. To perform the reinstalling process, first, you can uninstall the Avira antivirus and then reinstall it properly.
How to Uninstall Avira Antivirus?
First and foremost, go to the Start menu and then click on the Restart button by holding the Shift key from the keyboard. Click on the ‘Troubleshoot’ button. Then, tap on the ‘Advanced’ option.
Afterward, go to the Startup Settings and click on the Restart button once again. Next, select the ‘enable safe mode with networking’ option from the next window.
Now, open the Control Panel by going to the Start menu. Navigate to the ‘Uninstall a Program’ section and then search for the Avira antivirus program and all the files related to it.
Select all of them and right-click on them. Choose the Uninstall option to remove the Avira antivirus program completely from the system. Now, restart the system.
After uninstalling the program, visit the official website of Avira antivirus and search for the ‘Avira Free Antivirus 2019’. Once you get the required file, download that on your computer.
Afterward, install that by following the on-screen prompts. Now, you can check if the issue is fixed. Furthermore, if you want to know more about Avira then you can follow our website.