Avast Antivirus Software provides the users’ Web Shield protection to safeguard the device. But sometimes, you can face issues if you turn off this feature accidentally.
Now, whenever you try to turn on this feature you will receive the “Avast web shield won’t turn on” popup message. So, if you are facing this error, it is suggested to fix it at the earliest.
But before starting the recovery process, you need to know the basic reasons behind this error. This will not only help you to understand the problem but will also resolve the problem permanently.
Reasons Behind the “Avast Web Shield Won’t Turn On” Error
There are some possible causes that are interrupting the process and thus Avast fails to turn on Web Shield properly. Here, we will enlighten you with those reasons.
- If any other antivirus software conflicts with the Avast software, it will make an issue while turning on.
- Sometimes it is noticed that if the operating system is not compatible with the Avast software, an error can occur.
- Corrupted or damaged system files can lead to this error.
But there can be other reasons also behind such occurrence. Whatever be the problem, there are possible methods to fix the error.
3 Methods to Fix the “ Avast Shields Won’t Turn On” Error
This section consists of the essential solutions to get rid of the Avast Error. You just need to implement the below-mentioned methods properly as per your convenience.
Method 1: Perform an Avast Repair
Avast Software has an exceptional feature. It has an Avast Repair tool, which helps to troubleshoot any form of error without even reinstalling the software. By enabling this feature, you can get rid of the error.
To enable the Avast Repair option, you need to implement the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Start menu. From there, go to the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, switch to the “View as” Category option under the “Programs “ section.
- Under the “Programs” section, you will see the “Uninstall programs” option, tap on the option.
Now, if you use the Settings app in the Windows 10 system, make sure you first go to the “apps” section. The list of all the programs that are installed in the device appears.
- Now, find the Avast Software and then tap on it. From the drop-down menu, choose the “Modify/Change” option.,
After clicking on it, the Avast Setup window will appear on the screen. You will be prompted with several options. Tap on the “Repair” button to go through the onscreen instructions.
Now, you will be able to repair the Avast software without any trouble. As soon as you complete the above steps, you will get a “Done” message. But even after applying the above method if the error persists, then it is suggested to go to the next section to fix it.
Method 2: Restart the Avast Antivirus Service
Due to the initiation of the corrupted Avast service, you can face issues while turning it on. In that case, you need to restart the Avast antivirus service. And to do that, you need to follow the below-mentioned instructions:
- Firstly, hold the Windows and R key together to open the Run Dialog box.
- Now, in the popup Run box, write “services.msc”. Hit the “Enter” button next.
- This will open the Services window. Now, in that search window, look for the “Avast Antivirus Service”.
- Right-click on the antivirus services and choose the “Properties” option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, in the next window, check if the service status is “Start”.
- If it is not, then you need to tap on the “Stop” button. Tap on the “OK” button next to save the changes.
Now, go to the Startup Type menu and then check if the Avast service is set to “Automatic”. Read the onscreen instructions and confirm your actions. Now, tap on the Start button before ending the task.
After going to the Start button, you might get “Windows could not start the Avast Antivirus Service on Local Computer. Error 1079: The account specified for this service differs from the account specified for other services running in the same process” message
If you get this error message, then you need to go through some additional steps to fix the Avast error. To do that, you need to do as follows:
- Hold the Windows and R key together. This will open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, write “services.msac” and hit the Enter button next.
- This will open the Services window. In that window, you will see the list of the services.
- Choose the “Avast Antivirus Service” form the list and then right-click on it.
- Tap on the “Properties” option from the drop-down menu. Now, in the Properties window, go to the “Log On” tab.
- Click on the “Browse” button next and go to the “Enter the object name to select” box.
Now, you need to give the details of the account’s username. Tap on the “Check Names” option and then wait until PC finds the name that you have given. Tap on the “OK” button next.
After restarting the Avast Service, if you are unable to fix the error, you need to move to the next section.
Method 3: Update the Avast Software
If you have not updated the software for quite a long time, you can get issues while opening it. In that case, it is suggested to update the latest version of the Avast Application in the devices.
To do that, you need to go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Avast Antivirus Software. Now, search for the “Update” button in the application window.
- Go to the “Update” tab and you will see two options related to updating the software.
- One is the “update” and the other one is “updating the program automatically”.
- You can tap on the requisite update button and then close the window.
Now, after updating the latest version of Avast Antivirus, check if you have solved the error. If not, then you can search for the “C:\Program Files\AVASTSoftware\Avast\AvastEmUpdate.exe” folder on the computer. Click on it to update the software. Now, restart the device and you will be able to get rid of the error.