Being one of the most popular antivirus software, Avast serves the best when it comes to removing the malware from the device.
But sometimes, you might come across the connectivity issues when you open this application. In case of server issues, you will be notified with the “Avast unexpected error”.
It is suggested that as soon as you view this error, you need to get rid of it at the earliest. You simply need effective means and hacks that have the potential to deal with this unexpected error.
But before proceeding to the solutions, you need to know the reasons behind this error. This will help you to prevent its future occurrence.
Reasons behind the “Avast Unexpected Error on the Server”
There are few valid reasons behind the occurrence of the Avast error. Before you proceed to the solutions take a glance at the possible causes mentioned below:
- If there is any issue in the Start menu or in the Start search box, you can get this error.
- Due to the failed DNS server, this error can appear.
- If the server is down while running an online application associated with Avast, this error can be triggered.
Now, that you are well acquainted with the causes, we will move to the possible means to troubleshoot this error at the earliest
2 Easy Methods to Fix “Avast Unexpected Error on the Server”
This section consists of 4 key procedures to fix the Avast error. You just need to implement the below-mentioned methods in the exact sequence provided.
Method 1: Boot into Safe Mode
You can easily fix the error if the Avast error is associated with the Start search box. All you need to do is enable the Safe Mode in the Windows system.
To enable the Safe Mode in the device, you need to implement the below-mentioned steps:
- Hold the windows and R key together. This will open the Run dialog box.
- When the Run dialog box will pop up on the screen, write “MSConfig”.
- Hit the “Enter” button next to open the System Configuration tab.
- Now, you need to tap on the “Safe Boot” option under the “Boot” option
After enabling the Safe mode, you need to restart the device. Now, when the device will restart, you will note that you have successfully eliminated the Avast error from the device. But if the error still persists, then it is suggested to go to the next section.
Method 2: Run SFC
Sometimes, due to corrupted system files, you can come across this error. Therefore, you need to repair the corrupted system files to prevent further glitches.
System Tool Checker will automatically repair the corrupted and damaged system files. SFC simultaneously replaces the corrupted files with a fresh copy of those files.
To run the System File Checker tool in the Windows system, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Start Button. Now, move to the Start Search box.
- In the Start search box, write “cmd”. Hit the Enter button next
- From the searched result, right-click on the Command Prompt. Choose the “Run as Administrator” option from the drop-down menu.
- In the Command Prompt window, write “sfc/scannow”. Hit the “Enter” button to run the command.
Now, the System File Checker will start to detect corrupted files in the device. After scanning all the corrupted system files, SFC will automatically replace the damaged file with a fresh copy.
The scanning process might take a while to complete. Wait until the repair process gets accomplished. Restart the device and check if you have resolved the error.
But if you are still getting the error notification, then you need to implement the hacks mention in the next section.
If even after applying the above methods, the error fails to get resolved then these additional hacks might help you out. So, take a glance:
- If you download any corrupted version of the Avast Software, you might face this issue. In that case, you need to uninstall the Avast software. After uninstalling the application, you need to go to the official website of the Avast to get the latest version of the application.
- Otherwise, you can simply, update the Avast Installing Anniversary from the settings menu. Choose between either manual or automatic method, based on your preference.