Avast is one of the most reputable antivirus software which safeguards your device from various threats. But sometimes, you can face technical issues including Avast Internal Error in Mac, which can affect the system.
You can get this error if the system files are corrupted. Besides, if the system crashes regularly, it can also trigger this issue.
Often, viruses or malware can destroy the stem files that are stored in the device thus, causing this error. Sometimes, not installing the Avast Antivirus can also lead you to this error.
Here, we will guide you through some effective methods to resolve this internal error.
Methods to Fix “Avast Mac an Internal Error Occurred” Message
This section consists of some key procedures to fix the Avast Internal Error on Mac. You just need to implement these methods properly as per your convenience.
Method 1: Remove Avast Using Tool
Removing Avast from Mac is quite easy and handy. Avast provides this tool so that you can get rid of the internal error easily. Go through the below-mentioned methods to uninstall Avast from the Mac device.
- Move to the “Go” section on your Mac. Now, choose the “Utility” button. Right after that, right-click on the “Activity Monitor.”
- Now, go to the “Quit” button. Also, make sure Avast is not running. So, wait until the Avast application gets deactivated. Now, move to the “Finder” button.
- Tap on the “Applications” button and then hit the “Avast Free Mac Security” button.
- Move the security button to the “Trash” folder. Now, tap on the “Empty” trash icon.
- Go to the “Tab” option and then select “Go to the Folder.”
- Now, in the command box, write “Enter/Library” and tap on the “Return” option.
In this window, you need to delete all the folder and then files that are associated with the Avast Free Mac Security. So, after going through the above-mentioned methods, check if you have solved the error. But, if the error persists, you need to move to the next section.
Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall Avast Security
Due to downloading a corrupted version of Avast, you can get the error. In that case, you need to uninstall the corrupted Avast security Application and then reinstall it.
How to Uninstall Avast Security?
To uninstall the application, you need to follow the below -mentioned steps:
- Go to the menu bar of Avast. From there, move to the “Open Avast” option.
- When you are done, then click on the “Avast Security” option and select the “Uninstall Avast” option.
- Now, tap on the “Uninstall” button. Select the Avast Related products to remove them.
- Thereafter, you will get a window where you need to give the Touch ID.
Note: Otherwise, you can enter the Administrator username and password in the next window.
- Next, tap on the “OK” button to permit the uninstallation process in Avast.
- Click on the “Quit” option now.
When you are done with the above steps, you can remove the Avast application from the Mac device. Now, you need to reinstall the Avast Antivirus again in the device. For that, you need to proceed to the next section.
How to Reinstall Avast Security?
If you have already applied the above step, you need to reinstall the application on the device. To proceed with this, you need to implement the below-mentioned steps:
- Open any web browser. and go to the address bar.
- Write “Avast Security” in it and hit the Enter button. Now, go to the official website of Avast from the searched result.
- Install the latest version of Avast. Then tap on the “Download now” button.
After downloading it, install the Avast security in the Mac device. Hopefully, after downloading the current version of Avast, you will be able to fix the Avast Internal Error on Mac.