Avast error 42056 arises when an interruption occurs at the time of downloading. If the antivirus software is outdated, then this issue might arise. Furthermore, because of a malware attack, such error occurs.
If you remove any Avast software associated files accidentally, then this issue might arise. Now, due to this error, programs and OS crashes. This error makes the overall system slow.
You may note that the mouse and keyboard inputs get a late response. Thus, if you face this problem that you need to fix it at the earliest.
Effective Ways to Fix Avast Scan Error 42056
Use the easy methods given below to fix Avast error permanently. Carefully follow all the instructions and try not to skip the steps:
Solution 1: Stop the Conflict Between Programs
To fix Avast scan error 42056, you need to stop the conflicts between programs. And for that, follow the below-mentioned steps properly:
- At first, go to the Taskbar to open the Task Manager. Now, you might observe a list of programs running on your device.
- Now, select it and click on each program. Then, end that particular program and to do so, click on the “End Process” option.
- Now, check whether the error message appears or not after closing a program. Then, identify which program creates this issue and close that program.
If stoping the process is not enough then you can uninstall the program by following the solution mentioned below.
Solution 2: Uninstall the Conflicted Program
To uninstall the conflicting programs, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- At first, go to the Start menu and select the Control Panel option. After that, click on the “Uninstall a program” option.
- Now, select the “Uninstall” option to uninstall the program.
This method will help you to fix the Avast error .
- At first, open the System drive and then find and open the “Programs Files” folder.
- After that, find and open the folder with the name of the application that is conflicting. Then, choose all the files in the folder and for that, press and hold the Ctrl and A key at the same time.
- Now, permanently remove those files and for that, press the Shift and Del key at the same time on your keyboard.
- Now, you might be asked, “Do you want to remove this shortcut?”. Then, choose the OK option to remove your application permanently.
Solution 3: Re-install Runtime Libraries
To reinstall runtime libraries, perform the following.
- At first, go to the ‘Programs and Features’ option to uninstall the package. After that, find and highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Then, go to the top of the list and select the Uninstall option. Restart your device and download the latest package from Microsoft and install it.
Solution 4: Run Disk Cleanup
To fix Avast scan error 42056, run Disk Cleanup and for that, perform the below-mentioned steps:
- At first, you must back up all the files and then free space on the hard drive.
- Clear the cache and then restart your device.
- To run Disk Cleanup, open an Explorer Window and then click on the Main Directory.
- After that, go to the Properties option and select the Disk Cleanup option.
Solution 5: IE Related Runtime Error
If you face IE related runtime error, then perform the following steps.
At first, reset your browser.
- If you are using Windows 7, then go to the Start menu and select the Control Panel option. After that, choose Internet options. Then, go to the “Advanced” option and select the Reset option.
- If you are using Windows 8 and 10, then go to the Search option and click on the Type option. After that, select the Advanced tab option. Then, choose the Reset option.
After that, disconnect script debugging and also the error notifications.
- At first, go to the Advanced option and then, disconnect the Script Debugging option.
- After that, you need to put a checkmark on the radio button and at the same time uncheck the “Display a Notification about every Script Error” option.
- Now, select the Apply and OK option. Lastly, restart your device and check whether the error arises or not.
Additional Steps to Fix the Avast error 42056
Here are the steps that you need to follow, in case the above methods fail to resolve the problem:
- At first, click on the Start option. After that, go to the Search box and write the command.
- If asked for permission, then type Regedit. After that, hit the Enter key.
- Next, the registry editor selects the key which is associated with the error. At first, click on the Start option. After that, go to the Search box and write the command.
- Then, go to the Avast backup option and type the name of the File name.
- After that, go to the File Menu and select the Export option.
- Then, click on the Save option and finally, the backup is created successfully.