Are you facing problems while trying to open webcam? Usually, when the webcam is not working, then you should try to update or reinstall the device drivers or update the OS to fix this issue.
But, if the camera is still not accessible, then there might be some problems with the security program of the system. Hence, you need to check the antivirus program installed on your computer.
If you see that the antivirus is blocking a computer camera, then you need some troubleshooting hacks to get rid of this issue.
Easy Hacks to Fix ‘Antivirus is Blocking Computer Camera’ Issue:
First, you need to disable the antivirus program to check if it solves the problem. If you see that the webcam has started to work after disabling the antivirus program, then you need to add a new exclusion with the antivirus program.
Here we are going to cover these methods for some of the most used antivirus software.
Bitdefender is a pre-installed antivirus program that comes with an in-built feature that is specifically designed to secure the webcam. You can make the necessary changes in this feature (if needed) in order to control which application can use it.
From there, you will also be able to block or enable the camera application:
- First of all, open the Bitdefender application. Then, navigate to the left pane of the screen and click on the Privacy tab.
- Now, choose the ‘View Features’ option from the list. Here you will get the options to access the Webcam Protection.
- Further, any change in the webcam can be done by going to the Settings section. You will find this at the lower right pane of the Webcam Protection panel.
You also can add some exceptions to the antivirus program. To do this, go to the Protection tab and then click on the ‘View modules’ option. Afterward, tap on the Settings (gear-shaped) icon. Then, add a new exclusion for the webcam by following the on-screen prompts.
If you want to use an external computer camera connected through the network, then you can do this by following the steps below:
- First and foremost, click on the ‘View Modules’ option.
- Thereafter, tap on the Firewall button.
- Choose the ‘Adapters’ option and then tap on the ‘Network Exceptions’ option.
- Lastly, enter the IP address of the computer camera that you wish to add in the exceptions list.
Kaspersky also blocks certain software and applications to access the webcam automatically. Basically, Kaspersky blocks the webcam to protect your identity. In this situation, you can add some exclusions for the webcam application. Here’s how to do this:
- In the beginning, click twice on the Kaspersky application to open it.
- Afterward, tap on the Settings (gear-shaped) icon. Then, navigate to the Additional category.
- Choose the ‘Threats and exclusions’ option from the right pane of the window.
- Once you will get the ‘Configure exclusion rules’ option, click on it.
- Now, complete the exclusion process by following the on-screen prompts.
If you are using Avast antivirus to protect your computer, then you can follow the below steps to get rid of ‘Avast antivirus blocking webcam’ issue:
- First of all, open the Avast application.
- Afterward, navigate to Basic Settings. Tap on the Troubleshooting button from the left pane of the main screen.
- Go to the Web section from the Troubleshooting menu. Then, click on the ‘Ignored addresses’ field.
- Now, type the IP address of your computer camera.
- Tap the Apply button to save the changes.
- Lastly, add the exception for your webcam by following the on-screen steps available under Global Exclusions.
- Windows Defender
If Windows Defender blocks your device to access the webcam, then you can easily solve this by performing the steps given below:
- In the beginning, open Windows Defender.
- Go to the ‘Virus & threat protection’ category.
- Afterward, navigate to the ‘Virus & threat protection settings’ section.
- Next, tap on the ‘Add or remove exclusions’ option.
- Fill the required form and complete the process by following the on-screen steps.
- Lastly, save the changes by clicking the Apply button.
If you want to read more about topics related to problems with antivirus, then you can follow our website.