McAfee application can be either downloaded from the internet or you can also choose to get the premium version. When the license key of the McAfee antivirus expires, you can easily remove that program from the system.
But sometimes, random glitches prevent you to complete the uninstallation process. If you can’t uninstall the McAfee antivirus program, then you need effective tricks to remove the program from your computer.
Can’t Uninstall McAfee Windows 10? Here’s the Fix
These are easy ways to remove the McAfee antivirus program from your computer. Here, we are going to discuss some of them. You can try out the methods described below:
Method 1: Using Control Panel
You can simply remove the McAfee antivirus program by using Control Panel. But before that, you need to remove the McAfee WebAdviser and McAfee Internet Security / LiveSafe from the system.
To remove these, you can perform the steps as follows:
- First of all, go to the Start menu and open the Control panel.
- Afterward, tap on the ‘Uninstall a program’ button.
Note: If you are using Windows 10 Operating System, then you can get the same screen by going to the Start menu, clicking on the Settings (gear-shaped) button.
- Now, search for the ‘McAfee Internet Security / LiveSafe’ and ‘McAfee WebAdviser’ by scrolling the list of options and select them.
- Afterward, click on the Uninstall or Change button from the upper pane of the screen.
- Tap on the Yes button from the pop-up box to confirm the action.
- Check the box near to the ‘McAfee Internet Security / LiveSafe’ and delete all the files that are saved inside the program.
- Now, click on the ‘Remove’, ‘Remove’, ‘Close’, and ‘No, thanks’ button one after the others to complete this process.
Once you complete the above steps, restart the system so that the changes can take effect. After restarting the computer, you can check if the McAfee antivirus is uninstalled.
Method 2: Using Removal Tool
Are you unable to find out the ‘McAfee Internet Security / LiveSafe’ and ‘McAfee WebAdviser’ options under the Control Panel window? In that case, you can use the McAfee removal tool to get rid of this issue:
Here are the steps you can perform:
- In the beginning, visit the official website of McAfee and then search for the McAfee removal tool. Once you get that, download the tool on the system.
- After completing the downloading process, exit from the website and go to the location where you have saved the downloaded file.
- Click-twice on that and then tap on the Yes button. After that, click on the Next button to proceed.
- Next, check the box for the terms and conditions to agree on the license agreements. Afterward, tap on the Next button.
- Now, enter the verification code that is showing on the desktop. Thereafter, tap on the Next button once again.
- Wait for a few seconds until all the McAfee components removed from the computer.
- Lastly, tap on the Close button and then Restart button to reboot the computer.
After uninstalling the McAfee antivirus program, you have to deactivate the license key from the official website of McAfee. To do that, first, log into your account by entering the login credentials.
Then, click on the Disable button. Now, the McAfee antivirus is uninstalled from on your computer as expected.
How to Uninstall McAfee Applications from Tablets and Smartphones?
The newest version of McAfee antivirus is also available for smartphones and tablets. If you are unable to uninstall McAfee antivirus program on your smart devices, then you can perform the below steps:
- Tap on the McAfee antivirus icon.
- Keep the finger pressed for a few seconds and then drag the app to the Trash located at the upper right pane of the screen.
- Afterward, tap on the OK button from the pop-up box.
Alternatively, you also can do the same by going to the Settings app, then tap on the Android app. Afterward, choose the McAfee option and then tap on the Uninstall button.