Nowadays, numerous Norton users get various errors and one of the most common errors frequently encountered by them is that they cannot connect to the Norton server. This error arises because of the incomplete download of the software.
Sometimes, you might have a corrupted Windows system file and that causes this error. Due to the latest changes in your Windows Firewall settings also this error occurs.
If your device has some malicious program, then it might infect your software. Because of that, sometimes this error occurs. Thus, you need to apply the solutions that are mentioned in the below section to resolve the problem at the earliest.
Fix Norton Unable to Connect to Server Issue with Easy-to-Apply Methods:
Below discussed are some of the effective solutions that you can implement on your own to fix the Norton server error.
Solution 1: Update your Web Browser
If your browser is outdated, then this error might arise. Hence, you need to update the browser. Go through the below-mentioned instructions to update your web browser.
- At first, go to the Browser window and then select the “Customize and Control Google Chrome” option.
- After that, go to the Drop-Down menu and select the About option.
- If any update is available, then it will automatically be upgraded.
- Then restart the browser and select the “Relaunch” option. Now, wait until the update process completes successfully.
Solution 2: Remove and Reinstall Norton Application
If you use an old version of Norton, then you might face this error. Therefore, update or re-installation is very much needed to remove the malware issue. To remove malware, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- First, visit the Norton official site and from there, download the “Norton Remove” tool.
- After that, open the Download section. For that, press the Ctrl and J key at the same time on your keyboard.
- After reading the license agreement, go to the “NRnR” option and select the Agree option.
- Now, re-install the Norton software by clicking on the “Remove and Reinstall” option.
- Finally, reboot your browser. For that, go to the “Remove” option and then click on the “Restart Now” option. Also, make sure that Norton is running on your device.
Solution 3: Fix Secure Site Open Problem
Because of incorrect email addresses, the Norton server and the system connection might get failed. Hence, to fix this error, scan your system with the help of the Norton antivirus.
- At first, select the Norton icon to open the Norton antivirus window.
- After that, go to the Tasks option and select the “Run Live Update” option.
- When you see the message “Your Norton Product Now Has the Latest Protection Updates”, then click on the OK option.
Solution 4: Resolve Email Server Issue
Due to corrupted Norton executable files, this error might arise. Hence, you should not give permission to access those emails.
- After signing in your Gmail account, go to the upper right of your Gmail Homepage and then select the “Gear Icon”.
- After that, go to the Settings option and select the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” option.
- Now, select the “Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on” option.
- Then, go to the “What to Scan” option and then select the Save Changes option to apply the changes.
- Further, connect the server and then check whether the error exists or not.
Hopefully, applying the above solutions appropriately might help you to resolve cannot connect to the Norton server issue without any hassle.