Most of the users have reported that the “Bitdefender services are not responding” properly on their system. Thus, it can stop their work and worsen the situation.
This problem can appear due to various reasons that include Windows Firewall, another third-party security software, an outdated version of the Bitdefender antivirus application, corrupted Bitdefender application, etc.
How to Fix “Bitdefender Services are Not Responding” Issue?
Here, we are going to provide some of the possible solutions to fix the “Bitdefender services are not responding” error. One of the following solutions should help you to overcome this problem. Therefore, follow and implement them as mentioned below:
Solution 1 – Uninstall the Third-Party Security Software
If another security software is installed on your computer, then you may get this problem. So, you should remove it as soon as possible. To do that, follow the steps given below:
- Click on the Start icon and select the Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel window, navigate to the Programs & Features section.
- Scroll down the page and locate another third-party security software, select it.
- Afterward, click on the Uninstall button to remove it. Now the uninstallation process has begun.
- After completing the uninstallation process, restart your computer and then check if the problem still occurs or not.
Solution 2 – Turn Off the Windows Firewall
Sometimes, the Windows Firewall can also result in the “Bitdefender services are not responding” error on the Windows 10 device. Therefore, in order to fix this issue, you should disable the Windows Firewall feature from the system. The following steps will help you to do so:
- Launch the Control Panel window and navigate to the Windows Firewall section.
- Click on the Turn Windows Firewall On and Off option on the left panel.
- Mark on the Turn Windows Firewall Off option from both Public Network Settings and Private Network Settings sections.
- After doing this, click on the Save Changes option to save it.
Solution 3 – Install the Latest Version of the Bitdefender Antivirus Application
An outdated version of the Bitdefender antivirus can cause this problem on your computer. Therefore, you should update it as soon as possible. Go through these steps stated hereunder:
- Visit the official website of the Bitdefender and look for the latest version of the Bitdefender antivirus application.
- After finding it, download it and then install it.
- Once it is installed, reboot your computer and then check if the Bitdefender antivirus application works properly or not.
Solution 4 – Uninstall the Bitdefender Antivirus Application and Install it Again
A corrupted Bitdefender antivirus application can cause the “Bitdefender services are not responding” problem on the device. Therefore, you should remove it and then reinstall it. To reinstall it, follow these steps hereunder:
- Press the Win + I buttons to launch the Settings window.
- From the Settings window, move to the Apps section and then select the Apps & Features tab.
- In the Apps & Features window, scroll down the page and locate the Bitdefender application, select it and then click on the Uninstall option.
- Once the uninstallation process is done, restart your computer and then install it.
- Go to the official website of the Bitdefender and download the latest version of the Bitdefender antivirus application.
- Afterward, install it properly.
- Once the installation process is complete, reboot your Windows 10 device and then check if the issue is gone or not.
Solution 5 – Update the System
If you are using an older version of the Operating System, then you can see this problem on the computer. So, you need to update it by following these steps:
- Press the Start button and click on the Settings icon.
- When you are in the Settings window, double-click on the Update & Security section.
- After that, go to the Update tab and then click on the Check for updates option.
- If you find it any updates, then click on the Update option.
- Once the update process is finished, the computer will automatically restart.
Solution 6 – Perform a Clean Boot
Performing a clean boot can fix various problems that you have encountered. To know more about it, follow these steps given below:
- Press Win + R buttons to launch the Run box.
- Type msconfig and then click on the OK button or press the Enter button.
- When you are in the System Configuration window, go to the Services tab and then mark on the box next to the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Afterward, click Disable All option.
- Next, move to the Startup tab and click on the Open Task Manager link.
- From the Task Manager window, navigate to the Startup tab and then select all the items one-by-one. After that, click on the Disable button.
- Once you are done with these steps, click on the OK option and close the Task Manager window.
- Go back to the System Configuration window and click on the OK button to save the changes.
Solution 7 – Restart the Bitdefender Antivirus Service
If you find that the Bitdefender antivirus service has stopped, then you can come across the “Bitdefender services are not responding” problem. Therefore, you should start the service to get rid of this issue. Here’s how to do that:
- Press the Windows Home button and R key to launch the Run window.
- Type services.msc and then hit the Enter key or click on the OK option.
- In the Services window, look for the Bitdefender services, right-click on it and then select the Start button to start the service.
- After that, again right-click on it and then choose the Properties option from the menu list.
- When the Properties window opens, set the Startup type to Automatic and then click on the Apply button followed by the OK option to save it.
- After performing it, reboot the PC and then check if the issue is solved or not.
Hope that after applying these above-said procedures, you will be able to get rid of this Bitdefender services failing to respond problem.