Bitdefender is one of the leading producers of cyber-security software and its peripherals. It has its headquarter at Romania. Bitdefender provides an all-around internet security solution to its users. Users of the world use the Bitdefender antivirus to a great extent. The Bitdefender antivirus offers a user-friendly platform which ensures that even a novice can also handle it. However, it is also not free from technical defects like all the other antivirus. One such is the Bitdefender error 1002. The Bitdefender error 1002 crashes the active program window. This will frequently crash your PC while you try to run the Bitdefender antivirus. Have a look at the article to resolve the error code 1002 Bitdefender on your own.
The Causes Of Bitdefender Error 1002
If you are aiming to resolve the Bitdefender update error 1002 on your own, you need to know the reasons that are causing the problem. Only then you can provide a perfect solution for the defect. Take a glimpse at the reasons for such glitches.
- A corrupt download of the Bitdefender software can create such errors. Make sure about the internet connection before downloading the software.
- If the Bitdefender software is not installed properly then the error 1002 can occur.
- The issue can occur if there are corrupt temporary files in your system. You need to delete the temporary files in order to run the application properly.
- Moreover, if your system is affected by malware then you might face such problems.
- There can be a chance that the Windows Firewall of your system has blocked Bitdefender accidentally.
How To Fix Bitdefender Error 1002 Promptly
This Bitdefender error will cripple down the internet security system of your computer. Therefore, you need to get rid of the issues soon. Here are some easy hacks by which you can resolve the defects regarding the Bitdefender software easily.
- Press the Windows button from your keyboard.
- In the Start search field, type “Command Prompt” and hit the Enter button.
- Select the Command Prompt option from the list of menu.
- Type “regedit” in the Command Prompt search box and press the Enter button.
- In the Registry Editor, you have to type “Bitdefender”.
- Then in the File menu choose Export option.
- Go to the “Save in” list and choose the folder where you want to keep the backup files of Bitdefender software.
- Now, in the File Name field, you have to type “Bitdefender Antivirus Backup” and press the Enter button.
- Ensure that the “Selected Branch” is selected in the Export Range.
- Save the file with a “.reg file extension” and hit the Save button.
Delete The Temporary Files
Click on the Start button on the left part of the taskbar. Then you have to type the following commands one by one: “prefetch”, “%tmp%”, and “temp”. Then hit the OK button. After that, the folders of “prefetch”, “%tmp%”, and “temp” will open. There you have to select all the temporary files by pressing the Ctrl and A keys simultaneously. This will select all the files in the specific folder. Then press the keys Shift and Del together to delete the files permanently from the system. A confirmation box will appear saying whether you are sure to delete the files permanently from the system or not. Click on the “Yes” button to complete the function. Do this for all the temporary folders mentioned above. After that, restart your machine and check if the issue persists or not.
Disable Windows Firewall
- You need to open the Control Panel of your computer by typing it on the Start search menu.
- Select the “System and Security” option from the Control Panel window.
- Then choose the option “Windows Firewall” from the next window.
- Look at the left pane of the new window where you will find the option “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”. Click on that.
- Now, click the option “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” to disable the Windows Firewall. Run the Bitdefender software and execute a full scan of your system. See if the error code is occurring or not.
Get The Help Of Experts For Further Assistance
If you are not confident to fix the issue on your own, then contact Bitdefender support team. They have different modes by which you can communicate with them. You can either call them straight away at their 24*7 customer care number +1-800-670-7370. The experts will listen to your queries and will provide an ideal solution for you. Furthermore, you can also use the Live Chat Portal or email their support team at their official email address to report your issues.