While using Windows 10 PC, you might encounter the “Avast RPC server unavailable” error on your device. “The RPC is unavailable” error message indicates that the Windows system is having an issue while communicating between two or more devices through a network.
Once you find this error, it can prevent the Avast application to identify viruses and malware over the web and after some time the system behaves very slow.
This error can also be caused by other various reasons including incomplete Avast application software, corrupted registry files, Windows firewall, incorrect network connection settings, etc.
Effective Procedures to Fix “Avast RPC Server Unavailable” on Windows 10:
Although this is a very typical error, it is not impossible to fix it. Here are some of the useful and effective procedures that will help you to resolve the “Avast RPC Server Unavailable” error on the Windows 10 system. So, let’s take a look at the steps given below:
Procedure 1 – Make sure the RPC Services are Running Properly
If the RPC service is stopped running, then you can easily notice the Avast RPC error on the Windows 10 device. Therefore, you should start this service by following these steps:
- Press the Start button + R key together to launch the Run box.
- Type services.msc and then hit the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- From the Services window, look for the Remote Procedure Call, RPC Endpoint Mapper, and DCOM Server Process Launcher services.
- One-by-one right-click on these services and then select the Properties option.
- On the Properties window, set their Startup type to Automatic from the drop-down menu list.
- Once you are done, click on the Apply button and then OK option to save the changes.
Procedure 2 – Check the Network Connection
Sometimes, the “Avast RPC server is unavailable” error appears if the network connection is not set correctly. So, you need to correct it at the earliest. To do that, follow these steps:
- Press Win + R buttons to launch the Run box.
- Type ncpa.cpl and then press the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- From the Network Connections window, locate the network connection that you are using, right-click on it.
- Next, select the Properties button from that list.
- In the Properties window, mark on the “File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks” and Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) options to enable them.
Procedure 3 – Check the Windows Firewall on the System
Windows Firewall might also lead to this error on the Windows 10 device. Therefore, you should check the firewall on your device. Here are some steps that will help you out:
- Press the Windows Home button and select the Control Panel option.
- In the Control Panel window, look for the Windows Firewall and then click on the “Allow an app through Windows Firewall” option.
- On that window, locate the Remote Assistance and mark on it to enable it.
Procedure 4 – Run the Windows Troubleshooter
Running the Windows Troubleshooter can easily help you to fix the “Avast RPC server unavailable” error on the Windows 10 system. Here’s how to do that:
- Press the Windows Button and click on the Settings icon.
- When you are in the Settings window, move to the Update & Security section and then select the Troubleshoot tab.
- Look for the Hardware and Devices section, select it.
- After that, click on the Run the troubleshooter option.
- Once the troubleshooting process is completed, restart your computer and then check if the problem is resolved or not.
Procedure 5 – Remove Junk Files and Temporary Files
If you do not remove the temporary files from time to time then you can come across this error message on your Windows 10 device. Therefore, you should remove it at the earliest. Therefore, perform the following:
- Press the Start key + R button to launch the Run box.
- Type %temp% and then press the Enter button or click on the OK button.
- In the Temporary folder, select all the items and then press the Delete button to remove them.
Procedure 6 – Check the Registry
Another effective procedure by which you can solve the “Avast RPC server is unavailable” error on the Windows 10 system is by checking the registry. Hence, perform the following steps:
- Press Win + R buttons to open the Run dialog box.
- Type regedit and then click on the OK button or hit the Enter button.
- From the Registry Editor window, go to the following path “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RpcSs”
- In case you see the Remote Procedure Call is not set correctly then set it correctly by double-clicking on the Start folder under the RpcSs.
- After that, set the Value data to 2 and then click on the OK option to save the changes.
Procedure 7 – Reinstall the Avast Antivirus Application
Corrupted Avast antivirus application can definitely result in this error on the device. Therefore, you should remove it and then reinstall it immediately. The following steps will help you out:
- Press the Win + I buttons to open the Settings window.
- When you are in the Settings window, double-click on the Apps section and then select the Apps & Features tab on the left navigation panel.
- Scroll down the page and locate the Avast antivirus application, select it.
- After that, click on the Uninstall option.
- Once the removing process is finished, restart your computer and then try to install it.
- To install it, visit the official website of Avast and download the latest version of the Avast application.
- After downloading this file, install it properly.
- Once the installation process is done, reboot the Windows 10 PC and then check if the error still persists or not.
These are procedures to solve the “Avast RPC server unavailable” error on the Windows 10 computer.