Sometimes, while you are trying to use something online you might suddenly receive the notification ‘Avast web shield has blocked access to this page because the following certificate is invalid’. You might detect Avast blocking internet because of the bad gateways or any of the unwanted programs on the internet. Usually, the time when you are downloading the Avast antivirus on your computer, along with the antivirus the Firewall is also downloaded. Thus, when it detects any unwanted activities or access, then it directly blocks the internet on the computer.
Furthermore, Avast has also got the utility to block hackers. Thus, whenever it detects any unauthorized access from any IP address it blocks the internet so that all your personal data and information remains safe and secured. Therefore, we are going to discuss some efficient solutions which you can follow to resolve the issue Avast blocking the internet.
Possible Reasons: Why Is Avast Blocking My Internet?
The possible reasons for Avast blocking my internet are as follows:
- Sometimes, due to the bad gateways or unwanted access from the internet we might face this issue on our computer.
- Also, if the ‘Avast Web shield’ is on, then we might face this issue with our computer.
- Sometimes, if we using a backdated version of Avast antivirus on our computer we might face this issue on our computer.
- Also, if sometimes the antivirus detected any unauthorized access from any address to your computer, then it blocks the internet on your computer in order to save your personal information.
Methods To Resolve Avast Blocking Internet Access
The methods to resolve Avast blocking Internet access are as follows:
- Updating the Avast antivirus to the latest version.
- Repairing the Avast installation program.
- Disabling the Avast Web shield and HTTPS scanning.
- Modifying Avast Active protection to exclude URLs.
- Temporarily turning off Avast protection.
- Creating a new application rule.
Updating The Avast Antivirus To the Latest Version
To update the Avast antivirus to the latest version go through the steps:
- At first, open the ‘Avast’ antivirus software on your computer.
- Then in the antivirus select ‘Settings’ from the tab ‘Menu’.
- After that, select ‘Update’ in the left column to update the antivirus.
- After updating the antivirus check if the issue is resolved.
Also, you can update the Avast antivirus from the taskbar.
Repairing The Avast Installation Program
To repair the Avast installation program on your computer follows the steps:
- At first, ‘Log in’ to your computer in the ‘Administrator’ account’.
- After that, check whether any other antivirus is active on your computer, in case, you are using more than one antivirus on your computer.
- Then give a right-mouse click on the ‘Windows’ symbol and then select ‘Apps and Features’.
- Next, in the ‘Apps and Features’ window choose ‘Avast’.
- Now, select the ‘Avast Program’ and then select the option ‘Modify’.
- Next, you will be prompted for the ‘User Acess Control’ and then select ‘Yes’ and then open the ‘Avast Setup’ window.
- Then select ‘Repair’ in the ‘Setup’ window.
- Now repair the installation program and then select ‘Done’ to exit.
Disabling The Avast Web Shield And HTTPS Scanning
To disable the Avast web shield and HTTPS scanning go through the steps:
- At first, select the ‘Avast’ antivirus icon on your computer to open it.
- Then, open ‘Avast Dashboard’ and then, select ‘Active Protection’.
- After that, open the ‘Active Protection’ and click on the option ‘Customize’ next to ‘Web Shield’.
- Finally, remove the check mark from the option ‘Enable HTTPs scanning’.
Modifying Avast Active Protection To Exclude URLs
To modify the active protection go through the steps:
- Select and open the ‘avast’ antivirus on your computer at first.
- Then open the ‘Avast Dashboard’ and then open the tab ‘Settings’.
- After that, select ‘General’.
- Next, locate the ‘Exclusions’ tab.
- Now, under the ‘Exclusions’ tab select the sub-tab’ ‘URLs’.
- Over here write down the links which got blocked along with the ‘Extensions’.
- Finally, select ‘Add’ to save the URLs.
Temporarily Turning Off Avast Protection
To turn of the Avast protection go through the steps:
- On the taskbar select the option ‘Notifications’ and give a right-mouse click on the icon ‘Avast antivirus’.
- Then, in the ‘Avast shield Control’ choose the appropriate option to disable Avast temporarily.
- After that, the ‘Avast security suite’ will open up.
- Finally, select ‘Yes’ to enable temporarily turning off avast protection.
Creating A New Application Rule
To create a new application rule follow the steps:
- At first, open the ‘Avast user interface’ and then open the ‘Protection’ and select ‘Firewall’.
- After that select ‘Application Settings’ below the screen.
- Then, select ‘New application rule’ and then select a ‘Group’.
- Next, find and choose the ‘Executable file of application’ which you want to add.
- Now, select the ‘Group Name’ and utilize the ‘Orange bars’ to specify the access level which you want.
Thus, by following these methods, you can resolve the issue Avast blocking the internet on your computer.
While going through this article if you face any issue, then place your queries in the comment section.